Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best Configs - Intel-Based Office PC

Last response: in Systems
Share

Which Intel-Based Office PC build do you like best?

Total: 112 votes (21 blank votes)

  • The Xurwin Build
  • 39 %
  • The tecmo34 Build
  • 34 %
  • The kokoryba Build
  • 4 %
  • The GRIP Build
  • 17 %
  • The Dougie Fresh Build
  • 9 %
September 29, 2010 8:18:49 PM

Our editorial team has selected the top builds submitted by users for our Best Configs feature. Please vote on your favorite of the following builds:

Xurwin
Processor/Motherboard: core i3/gigabyte GA-H55N-USb3
RAM: gskill eco 4gb
Graphics Card: none. IGP
Hard Drive: samsung f3 1tb
Case:coolmaster elite 330
Power Supply: antec 430watts
DVD Burner: sony optiarc

Link to Build

tecmo34
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 Wolfdale 2.7GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80571E5400
Motherboard: ASUS P5P43TD/USB3 LGA 775 Intel P43 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
RAM: Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR1066D3K2/4GR
Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE 100292DDR3L Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Case: Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power ...
DVD Burner: LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM

Link to Build

kokoryba
Intel BOXD510MO Intel Atom D510 Intel NM10 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo
Foxconn RS233 Black+Light Silver Steel Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case 150W Power Supply
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2G8002GK
LG 22X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH22LS50 LightScribe

Link to Build

GRIP
CPU: Intel Core I3 530
GPU: Integrated
Mobo: Intel BOXDH55HC
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Essentials PC10666
Case: Broadway Com Corp 939PL-BLACK
PSU: Included with the case
Optical Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS
HDD: OCZ Agility 2 40GB

Link to Build

Dougie Fresh
Processor: Intel Celeron E3300 2.5GHz 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80571E3300
Motherboard: Intel BOXDG41AN LGA 775 Intel G41 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
RAM: Crucial 1 x 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) CAS 7 1.5V CT25664BA1067
Graphics Card: Integrated Intel GMA X4500
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
Case: LIAN LI PC-Q07 Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W 80 PLUS BRONZE OEM
DVD Burner: LITE-ON iHAS224-06 SATA CD/DVD Burner

Link to Build
a b å Intel
September 30, 2010 12:46:04 AM

I like tecmo34's build... [:mousemonkey:5] :lol: 
a b å Intel
September 30, 2010 1:28:44 AM

lol, I picked yours too, but would have chosen Xurwin's for the stronger CPU had he used a decent PSU.
Related resources
September 30, 2010 6:37:20 AM

I voted for techmo34's build. I liked the Antec 300 case suggestion. Great cooling solution when the system is put under heavy stress when all the heavy office related typing using Word takes place. The 140mm roof fan will come in handy around the office. Blocks out the noise of any pesky punch presses that may otherwise be bothersome. But the real reason I voted for Tecmo's build is fear of what will happen if He doesn't win.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/867/jumperp.png
September 30, 2010 6:38:37 AM

grip's is great
September 30, 2010 11:03:44 AM

thanks for the vote :) 
September 30, 2010 4:16:52 PM

Nice build Xurwin. I recently built a budget office cpu very similar, only difference being an antec 300 and slightly different ram and psu. But it runs extremely well for the price point of under $500.
October 1, 2010 4:14:23 AM

JordoR said:
Nice build Xurwin. I recently built a budget office cpu very similar, only difference being an antec 300 and slightly different ram and psu. But it runs extremely well for the price point of under $500.

thanks :)  i also considered antec 300. but price wouldnt allow. but this case would suffice for office works.
October 15, 2010 4:07:44 AM

badge said:
I voted for techmo34's build. I liked the Antec 300 case suggestion. Great cooling solution when the system is put under heavy stress when all the heavy office related typing using Word takes place. The 140mm roof fan will come in handy around the office. Blocks out the noise of any pesky punch presses that may otherwise be bothersome. But the real reason I voted for Tecmo's build is fear of what will happen if He doesn't win.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/867/jumperp.png


This is hilarious :D .
October 19, 2010 12:43:29 PM

Yeah, aren't antec 300 and coolermaster elite 330 a total overkill for office PC?

Regarding Kingston RAM, I bought that once and had to RMA it because it was bad, and also got some recommendations not to buy their RAM... Could be just bad luck, though, and if you're willing to take a chance to need to use the warranty, it is the cheapest after all.
October 19, 2010 4:21:35 PM

I have three Antec 300's. For the price, $39 for one, they are a great for a budget PC. One of them did take off like a helicopter and wiped out a secretary's lunch one day. Sunflower seeds and vitamin water all over her halter top.
October 20, 2010 3:16:16 AM

galzohar said:
Yeah, aren't antec 300 and coolermaster elite 330 a total overkill for office PC?

Regarding Kingston RAM, I bought that once and had to RMA it because it was bad, and also got some recommendations not to buy their RAM... Could be just bad luck, though, and if you're willing to take a chance to need to use the warranty, it is the cheapest after all.


I've used Kingston RAM in several builds and I've never had a problem. Not to say there aren't problem with any manufacturer but I haven't had the same experience.

December 6, 2010 2:59:14 PM

This topic has been desticky in top of the forum by Jpishgar
!