Hello,

A friend of mine is running XP PRO SP2. Every now and then he gets a blue
screen and his laptop reboots. This started suddenly without HW or SW
changes on a 4 months old laptop.

After reboot the following error code appears in the event log:

Eventid: 1003 Source: System Error
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 e9ccf719, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
00000001, parameter4 ebcf4a5c.

Everything I can find googling is that this is caused by faulty hardware,
corrupted device driver or virus/trojan/malware etc.

I am thying to read his minidumps. Anyway to get them to more readable
format than this?

õT? ¨8 ? ØS 4 ? <
¨ ~ k% ,% ¨¿
¬ÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s ?7î :î ÔÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s
?7î :î üÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s ?7î :î $ÑÂ?k m i x e r . s y s
°Nî PQî LÑÂ?k m i x e r . s y s Ð>ï pAï tÑÂ?d r m k a u d . s y s
Âø 0Âø oÑÂ?D M u s i c . s y s ðXï ÀYï

All help HIGHLY appreciated.

Thanks
-Will

ID: 1003
Source: System Error
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=System+Error&EvtID=1003&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.2

Click the [+] Related Knowledge Base articles

To see listings like this one...
Event 1003, 1008, 1017, 7023 After DHCP Service Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173040

-----

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kmixer.sys&btnG=Google+Search

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23i$ytm$oFHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
William Stokes <will@operamail.com> hunted and pecked:

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:35:27 +0300, William Stokes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A friend of mine is running XP PRO SP2. Every now and then he gets a blue
> screen and his laptop reboots. This started suddenly without HW or SW
> changes on a 4 months old laptop.
>
> After reboot the following error code appears in the event log:
>
> Eventid: 1003 Source: System Error
> Error code 100000d1, parameter1 e9ccf719, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
> 00000001, parameter4 ebcf4a5c.
>
> Everything I can find googling is that this is caused by faulty hardware,
> corrupted device driver or virus/trojan/malware etc.
>
> I am thying to read his minidumps. Anyway to get them to more readable
> format than this?
>
> õT? ¨8 ?* ØS * / 4 ? <
> ¨ ~ k%/ ,%/ ¨¿
> ¬ÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s ?7î :î ÔÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s
> ?7î :î üÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s ?7î :î $ÑÂ?k m i x e r . s y s
> °Nî PQî LÑÂ?k m i x e r . s y s Ð>ï pAï tÑÂ?d r m k a u d . s y s
> Âø 0Âø oÑÂ?D M u s i c . s y s ðXï ÀYï
>
> All help HIGHLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> -Will

Don't know the interpretation for the error but there's quite a few clues
in the file names. They appear to be related to the audio driver and the
sound mixer. Check for updated drivers/software. Or reinstall the current
versions.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

OK

Actually there are all driver modules listed in the minidumps that are
loaded to memory when the error occurs. Not just audio drivers. My example
was just a small snippet of the dump.

One error message that was in all of the 7 minidups was this one:

"HandleTKIPError - non unicast TKIP error report skipped
HandleTKIPError - previous error time was 0, current time:%u
HandleTKIPError - previous error:%u; current error:%u
HandleTKIPError - delta from the previous error is less then 60 sec ->
blocking activated "

The laptop uses Buffalo WLAN which uses WPA/TKIP encryption. The laptop
(Fujitsu) itself has built-in WLAN adapter. Can the TKIP be the cause of
this?

Problem is that although the Buffalo WLAN supports TKIP and AES the Fujitsu
laptop supports only TKIP WPA and WEP. So if the user cannot use WPA/TKIP he
has to switch to WEP. Which isn't so secure.

Anyway it would be more important to resolve this BlueScreen stuff first.

Thanks
-Will

"Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> kirjoitti
viestissä:%23K5ulpDpFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:35:27 +0300, William Stokes wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> A friend of mine is running XP PRO SP2. Every now and then he gets a blue
>> screen and his laptop reboots. This started suddenly without HW or SW
>> changes on a 4 months old laptop.
>>
>> After reboot the following error code appears in the event log:
>>
>> Eventid: 1003 Source: System Error
>> Error code 100000d1, parameter1 e9ccf719, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
>> 00000001, parameter4 ebcf4a5c.
>>
>> Everything I can find googling is that this is caused by faulty
>> hardware,
>> corrupted device driver or virus/trojan/malware etc.
>>
>> I am thying to read his minidumps. Anyway to get them to more readable
>> format than this?
>>
>> õT? ¨8 ?* ØS * / 4 ? <
>> ¨ ~ k%/ ,%/ ¨¿
>> ¬ÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s ?7î :î ÔÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s
>> ?7î :î üÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s ?7î :î $ÑÂ?k m i x e r . s y
>> °Nî PQî LÑÂ?k m i x e r . s y s Ð>ï pAï tÑÂ?d r m k a u d . s
>> y s
>> Âø 0Âø oÑÂ?D M u s i c . s y s ðXï ÀYï
>>
>> All help HIGHLY appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Will
>
> Don't know the interpretation for the error but there's quite a few clues
> in the file names. They appear to be related to the audio driver and the
> sound mixer. Check for updated drivers/software. Or reinstall the current
> versions.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

I got confirmation that the Intel w22n51.sys driver is the guilty one. At
least that's the only file reported at the BSOD

-Will

"William Stokes" <will@operamail.com> kirjoitti
viestissä:Ouc9lDIpFHA.3552@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> OK
>
> Actually there are all driver modules listed in the minidumps that are
> loaded to memory when the error occurs. Not just audio drivers. My example
> was just a small snippet of the dump.
>
> One error message that was in all of the 7 minidups was this one:
>
> "HandleTKIPError - non unicast TKIP error report skipped
> HandleTKIPError - previous error time was 0, current time:%u
> HandleTKIPError - previous error:%u; current error:%u
> HandleTKIPError - delta from the previous error is less then 60 sec ->
> blocking activated "
>
> The laptop uses Buffalo WLAN which uses WPA/TKIP encryption. The laptop
> (Fujitsu) itself has built-in WLAN adapter. Can the TKIP be the cause of
> this?
>
> Problem is that although the Buffalo WLAN supports TKIP and AES the
> Fujitsu laptop supports only TKIP WPA and WEP. So if the user cannot use
> WPA/TKIP he has to switch to WEP. Which isn't so secure.
>
> Anyway it would be more important to resolve this BlueScreen stuff first.
>
> Thanks
> -Will
>

> "Sharon F" <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org> kirjoitti
> viestissä:%23K5ulpDpFHA.708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:35:27 +0300, William Stokes wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> A friend of mine is running XP PRO SP2. Every now and then he gets a
>>> blue
>>> screen and his laptop reboots. This started suddenly without HW or SW
>>> changes on a 4 months old laptop.
>>>
>>> After reboot the following error code appears in the event log:
>>>
>>> Eventid: 1003 Source: System Error
>>> Error code 100000d1, parameter1 e9ccf719, parameter2 00000002,
>>> parameter3
>>> 00000001, parameter4 ebcf4a5c.
>>>
>>> Everything I can find googling is that this is caused by faulty
>>> hardware,
>>> corrupted device driver or virus/trojan/malware etc.
>>>
>>> I am thying to read his minidumps. Anyway to get them to more readable
>>> format than this?
>>>
>>> õT? ¨8 ?* ØS * / 4 ? <
>>> ¨ ~ k%/ ,%/ ¨¿
>>> ¬ÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s ?7î :î ÔÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s
>>> ?7î :î üÐÂ?k m i x e r . s y s ?7î :î $ÑÂ?k m i x e r . s y
>>> °Nî PQî LÑÂ?k m i x e r . s y s Ð>ï pAï tÑÂ?d r m k a u d . s
>>> y s
>>> Âø 0Âø oÑÂ?D M u s i c . s y s ðXï ÀYï
>>>
>>> All help HIGHLY appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Will
>>
>> Don't know the interpretation for the error but there's quite a few clues
>> in the file names. They appear to be related to the audio driver and the
>> sound mixer. Check for updated drivers/software. Or reinstall the current
>> versions.
>>
>> --
>> Sharon F
>> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

And the driver update seems to have corrected the problem...

The faulty driver version for Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG was 8.0.12.20000
fixed version is 9.02.05. Just in case someone else has the same problem.

viestissä:OCDSmkIpFHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:07:25 +0300, William Stokes wrote:

> And the driver update seems to have corrected the problem...
>
> The faulty driver version for Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG was 8.0.12.20000
> fixed version is 9.02.05. Just in case someone else has the same problem.
>
> -Will

Great troubleshooting on your part. Glad to see that you've found the
source of the problem and have found a solution as well.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User