I need help with g skill ripjaw x series

i have an intel I7-860 and a Asus Motherboard P7P55d and i'm wondering if it will run GSKILL Ripjaws X 14G of DDR 3 at 2133?
8 answers Last reply
More about skill ripjaw series
  1. Is the memory rated at 2133? Is 2133 one of the speeds that the MB offers in the BIOS? If so, then yes. If not, then no.
  2. You're Board supports DDR3 2133, So im pretty shure your good. If you need to u could always bump it down to 1866. Your board supports up to 16GB 2133, So make sure you update your Bios.
  3. Hey thanks and by bios you mean go into the Asus mother board screen and the speed of the ram up to 2133? also someone told me that it might only run one of the channels at 2133, is this true?
  4. also my board is a year and half old its just the plain P7P55d just making sure youre right.
  5. Well, The ASUS Support Website for the P7P55D Says it supports up to 16GB DDR3 2133. By Bios, I mean go download the Latest BIOS, Put it on a ThumbDrive, Plug it in To your Motherboards' USB, USE Asus EZFlash 2 , open the bios file from the drive and update your bios.
  6. I'm new to this so sorry to keep bugging you but where would i get bios for an asus p7p55d motherboard?
  7. Oh no, Please dont think i was being rude. Im just trying to help out. You can grab the bios update here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1156/P7P55D/#download

Make sure thats your board :)
  8. one problem on the website i dont see mine. i just have the plain P7P55d and it doesn't say anything else
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory G.SKILL Intel i7 Motherboards