How to set up os for completely new pc

neckneck

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
so i finally got all the parts for my new pc. (took like an hour to realize there was a cpu cord *sigh*) but when i start up the computer i dont even get a bios? i do not have an optical drive so how would i set up the bios (bios driver came with the box as a cd) without using an optical drive? well i do have an optical drive but it is so old nothing connects it to my new motherboard.

Solution

with your monitor if you plug it into the mb video ports or your gpu if the system is posting one of them should have video. if there no video check the build. make sure the 4/8 pin atx cable is connected and see if all the power plugs on the gpu are plugged in. a lot of people forget to use motherboard standoffs and short the mb out. with installing...

with your monitor if you plug it into the mb video ports or your gpu if the system is posting one of them should have video. if there no video check the build. make sure the 4/8 pin atx cable is connected and see if all the power plugs on the gpu are plugged in. a lot of people forget to use motherboard standoffs and short the mb out. with installing windows on a new pc without a cd-rom it easy. on a pc with a working drive download windows iso to usb tool. put your windows cd in the drive and run it. the usb tool will take the windows iso and install it onto a 4g usb stick. then all you do in the bios is change the boot order from hard drive to usb stick. plug the usb stick in and boot from it. then have your windows oem number ready.

Solution

neckneck

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

i did the connecting monitor directly to graphics card and it worked perfectly. thanks