Sign in with
Your question

NVIDIA System Monitor And Performance Monitor Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 18, 2010 8:24:53 AM

Hi,

I am having NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT which is giving problem now. I was playing Assassin's Creed game and all of sudden entire system hanged but sound was going on in the background. Restarted My PC and again started playing game it worked for 5-10 mins and after tht entire monitor was switched off automatically and it started showing msg as "Power Saving Mode" this time system was not hanged and it was working but there was no display. Again restarted My PC, Windows start up sound came but there was no display at all. Disconnected My display cable and connected it to onboard display unit and their it was working find but when I connect it back to graphic card there is not dispaly.

When I clicked on NVIDIA control panel it was only showing information and rest all menus like, system monitor, permormance monitor, 3D settings etc. all were disappeared and was not detecting My graphic card. I removed My graphic card and again fixed it but still it is not detecting a card which I guess it is dead now.

Now problem is I have uninstalled all NVIDIA display driver but not able to unistall Nvidia System Monitor and Performance monitor drivers from ADD/Remove tab. When I m trying to uninstall it is showing error messege as "Unable to unistall it - No NIVIDIA device found" and then it aborts the application and it is not allowing to unistall it for which I guess NVIDIA graphic card is required to unistall it.

Can anyone help Me how to unistall these 2 drivers because I want install a ATI Graphic card this time. Please guide Me on this and any other information which is required to resolve this.

Thanks In Advance.

August 18, 2010 10:52:53 AM

Install the new NVIDIA driver, or just plug the ATI in and install the ATI drivers, through the onboard display device...
a c 153 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
August 18, 2010 3:18:52 PM

You will probably be able to get by just uninstalling all the drivers and such with driver sweeper. Or you can try CCcleaner instead of Add/Remove programs to remove all the Nvidia traces.

Secondly you could just put the card back in, and uninstall if you really need to.

BUt before you do all that, it sounds like you could have a heating issue, what are the temps on the card? Does it have a fan if so it may have stopped working.
Related resources
August 19, 2010 7:01:38 AM

Helltech said:
You will probably be able to get by just uninstalling all the drivers and such with driver sweeper. Or you can try CCcleaner instead of Add/Remove programs to remove all the Nvidia traces.

Secondly you could just put the card back in, and uninstall if you really need to.

BUt before you do all that, it sounds like you could have a heating issue, what are the temps on the card? Does it have a fan if so it may have stopped working.

The problem here is it is not detecting My card at all and in Nvidia control panel it is only showing information of Performance and under tht only 2 menus i.e. View System Information and Profile Policies and rest all r disappeared.

I will try to install tht again I hope card is not dead and if not then I will install tht in PCI slot again will try to uninstall. Card is manufactured by Palit and having 1 fan. When I m not playing game at tht time temp remains between 48-50 C and while playing games like Assassin'c creed or Prince of Persia it goes upto 80-85 C.

I don't knw whether card is working or not OR Card is working but fan is stopped or not tht I m not aware but again I will install it and will get back to you with further information.

Thanks.
August 28, 2010 1:21:49 PM

Hi,

I am back. As you said I opened My CPU and just tried to install NVIDIA 9400GT again and just switch on My PC and to My surpirse this time fan of gpu was working and and surprisingly My PC detected a graphic card again which I was thinking was dead :fou:  I don't knw wht's wrong. Whether there is any problem with My PC or with My graphic card. But instead of removing those drive again I installed all the display driver. Also it is at present working fine and it is showing display on monitor too when I connected monitor cable to graphic card.

Can anybody tell Me wht went wrong because again I don't knw whether this will work properly or not :cry:  . Tell Me if any further information is required. :hello: 
!