Dont defend the Torlan powercore from the base, defend it ..

Whenever a team loses control of all the nodes and the attack on the
powercore begins, people get panicky and try to take out raptors and
tanks from the ground floor of the base. some stupid people even try
to charge out onto the battlefield with the flak cannon. Stupid. This
is how you defend your core from a 5-10 person, air-land vehicle
attack:

1 - 2 players on the tower, one with an avril, one with a lightning
gun for cover
2 - 2 players *on the hill to the right*, both with Avrils. Hide
behind the tree but keep moving.
3 - 1 player with Avril on the hill behind the base.
4 - Everyone else, charge the first node WITH VEHCILES. That's what
they're for? Don't know how to drive? Learn. Every player should be
able to drive each vehicle, well enough at least not to run into trees
and such.
- take the steep hill with the Hellbender (manned), so that you
can cover the first node, the tunnel-center node and the corner node.
- take the center node as soon as you can, and immediately grab
the raptor.
5 - don't try to shoot down individual attackers from a long distance
unless you're really good with the lightning gun -- use the faster
vehicles to charge them and kill them -- that's their whole point.

Thoughts?

On 7 May 2004 13:46:16 -0700, commandoLine@yahoo.com (Commando Line)
wrote:

>Whenever a team loses control of all the nodes and the attack on the
>powercore begins, people get panicky and try to take out raptors and
>tanks from the ground floor of the base. some stupid people even try
>to charge out onto the battlefield with the flak cannon. Stupid. This
>is how you defend your core from a 5-10 person, air-land vehicle
>attack:

Good stuff all, but IMO folks smart enuf to follow these instructions
would rarely find themselves pushed back to their core in the first
place. Defending the core is just one tiny step away from having
already lost. Don't put yourself in this position.

OK, so you want specific feedback, fine :)

Vehicle usage, almost goes without saying but is so vital that it
needs to be drummed into the Newbie brain over and over and over.

Attack nodes from multiple angles. I don't think I've seen anyone
suggest this exactly but its something I definitely follow. I take
the Road Less Travelled to my target nodes.

I'm of a mind to take the node on past Node 1 before going for the
center node. Its too easy for the opponent to hop in a tank and come
down the hill to make you start your progress all over again. Once
you get that node, bring down the tank for added defense. Once you
get the middle node the whole game shifts from on the run to on the
attack, now *they* are forced to respond to your pushes.

-s-

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

"Commando Line" <commandoLine@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Whenever a team loses control of all the nodes and the attack on the
> powercore begins, people get panicky and try to take out raptors and
> tanks from the ground floor of the base. some stupid people even try
> to charge out onto the battlefield with the flak cannon. Stupid. This
> is how you defend your core from a 5-10 person, air-land vehicle
> attack:
>
> 1 - 2 players on the tower, one with an avril, one with a lightning
> gun for cover
> 2 - 2 players *on the hill to the right*, both with Avrils. Hide
> behind the tree but keep moving.
> 3 - 1 player with Avril on the hill behind the base.
> 4 - Everyone else, charge the first node WITH VEHCILES. That's what
> they're for? Don't know how to drive? Learn. Every player should be
> able to drive each vehicle, well enough at least not to run into trees
> and such.
> - take the steep hill with the Hellbender (manned), so that you
> can cover the first node, the tunnel-center node and the corner node.
> - take the center node as soon as you can, and immediately grab
> the raptor.
> 5 - don't try to shoot down individual attackers from a long distance
> unless you're really good with the lightning gun -- use the faster
> vehicles to charge them and kill them -- that's their whole point.
>
> Thoughts?

Yeah....relax. It's just a game.

> > Thoughts?
>
> Yeah....relax. It's just a game.

just a game,JUST A GAME

its a way of life :eek:)

damyjuk

DAMYJUK wrote:
>>>Thoughts?
>>
>>Yeah....relax. It's just a game.
>>

> just a game,JUST A GAME
>
> its a way of life :eek:)
>
> damyjuk

Sadly, not for me. For me it's a way of respawn and respawn and respawn.

ME

Ari Rankum wrote:

>>>Yeah....relax. It's just a game.
>>>

>> just a game,JUST A GAME
>>
>> its a way of life :eek:)
>>
>> damyjuk
>>

> Sadly, not for me. For me it's a way of respawn and respawn and respawn.

heh. How often do you get killed the moment you spawn?

me wrote:
> Ari Rankum wrote:

>>>just a game,JUST A GAME
>>>
>>>its a way of life :eek:)
>>>
>>>damyjuk
>>>

>>Sadly, not for me. For me it's a way of respawn and respawn and respawn.
>

> heh. How often do you get killed the moment you spawn?

It depends on who is around. I've played with a couple of folks who are
frustratingly good at hanging out in a Manta right above the spawn
point. It doesn't happen too often, but I've been squashed by the same
guy three times in a row in just a few seconds. Man, that's frustrating.

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

"Ari Rankum" <Ari_Rankum@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >>Sadly, not for me. For me it's a way of respawn and respawn and
respawn.
> It depends on who is around. I've played with a couple of folks who are
> frustratingly good at hanging out in a Manta right above the spawn
> point. It doesn't happen too often, but I've been squashed by the same
> guy three times in a row in just a few seconds. Man, that's frustrating.

I got spawn fragged 5 times in a row. I just figure that the dumbass who
does it doesn't know how the game works.
I got spawn fragged at the core with at least 2 nodes locked in away from
the core. There wasn't even a battle for the core.

Probably some 12 year old pimple face trying to raise his net score.

On Mon, 10 May 2004 15:24:28 -0500, "Randy" <randy1640@cox.net> wrote:

>"Ari Rankum" <Ari_Rankum@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>respawn.
>> It depends on who is around. I've played with a couple of folks who are
>> frustratingly good at hanging out in a Manta right above the spawn
>> point. It doesn't happen too often, but I've been squashed by the same
>> guy three times in a row in just a few seconds. Man, that's frustrating.
>>

>I got spawn fragged 5 times in a row. I just figure that the dumbass who
>does it doesn't know how the game works.
>I got spawn fragged at the core with at least 2 nodes locked in away from
>the core. There wasn't even a battle for the core.
>
>Probably some 12 year old pimple face trying to raise his net score.

The thing is, respawn kills don't strike me as very efficient usage of
one's time. While you're wasting time with unarmed opponents there
are others with weaponry and vehicles harassing your nodes. Seems to
me the team would be better off with your distracting such opponents
from their tasks even to the point of your own death over killing
respawns.

Of course, this is from the team viewpoint as I mentioned. If I see
someone running up his points at the cost of the opposing team, more
power to him. If I see someone on *my* team pulling that stunt he'll
hear about it very shortly :)

-s-