Do I really need the reccomended psu?

I only have 1 HDD, and soon 1 GPU.
Other than that, Ive got 4 usb devices...
razer mouse, mega, belkin gamepad, reg keyboard (EW).
Does the 5770 really need 450? Or can it work with 400?
:hello:
15 answers Last reply
More about reccomended
  1. 400 would be fine,manufacturers like ati just inflate figures to compensate for the less then adequate questionable quality power supplies
  2. Would the
    Cooler Master - Elite 460-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply
    be an adequate PSU?
    Cant really find a review.
  3. xthequwit said:
    Would the
    Cooler Master - Elite 460-Watt ATX CPU Power Supply
    be an adequate PSU?
    Cant really find a review.

that is one of the less then adequate power supplies they are compensating for.its a mediocre 350 watts if you consider build quality
  4. Corsair CX400W would do just fine. 500W is overkill for the setup, even with overclocking.
  5. Well since its on a deal... then fine. Otherwise, Seasonic M12D 520W Broze is the best in the 500W range.
  6. Quit being cheap and buy a quality power supply, depending on future use you may not have to replace it for quite a while, and with a good UPS, you might have it last longer than the 11 years one of my servers P/S's has on it!!
  7. http://www.corsair.com/products/gs600/default.aspx

would this be better?
    I want it to be from bestbuy either online or store pickup, because i have a giftcard.
  8. Well the GS series from Corsair is certainly new and not so good as the older VX,TX and HX series. If you are looking at a good one in that range, then stick to the Seasonic one's.
  9. hell_storm2004 said:
    Corsair CX400W would do just fine. 500W is overkill for the setup, even with overclocking.

if you can find the discontinues cx400...the new cx430 sucks :)

if youre gonna get a psu from the antec basiq go for the 550w version, it has a bigger fan and better internal design that the lower-wattage version in that series
  10. Corsair ftw
  11. ^^All the new PSU's of Corsair are pretty average. Expect for the AX series which is one of the best! The newer CX series is just a cheap replacement. Looks like letting go of Seasonic is hurting Corsair.
  12. this will be their next ad:
    "corsair- the new raidmax!"
  13. I sure hope not. Its my favorite PSU brand! :na:
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product