Sign in with
Your question

Fist time builder needs help,

Last response: in Motherboards
August 23, 2011 4:48:12 AM

So after spending months doing research today i got my components in the mail for my first pc build. (I'll list the specs at the end) Today I spent 3 hours putting it all together and making sure I did a good job. Once I was done I booted it up and nothings showing up. I read the other thread about what to check before posting about something like this but still I am having problems. When I power on the CPU light on my Sabertooth P67 lights up. I made sure none of the pins on my CPU are bent as well as the mother board. Still nothing. Even though the RAM light doesnt light up, i think it might be my ram. I tried using the ram in an older computer but it didnt work. Maybe because its older im not sure. Everything else lights up/spins. The cpu fan spins, my case fans spin, my gpu fans spin the optical drive opens and closes but no video on screen. Any help would be awesome thanks

SPECS:
i5 2500k
Hyper 212 CPU Cooler
EVGA GTX 560ti FPB
ASUS Sabertooth P67 motherboard

More about : fist time builder

a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2011 5:08:56 AM

Did you check to see if there is an additional power supply connector on the graphics card that needs power? I've forgotten to hook this up and I've been building PCs for 20 years... ;) 
m
l
August 23, 2011 5:11:54 AM

beenthere said:
Did you check to see if there is an additional power supply connector on the graphics card that needs power? I've forgotten to hook this up and I've been building PCs for 20 years... ;) 

Yes, I've checked all the power connections to everything 5 times. Everything is hooked up. The graphics card fan is spinning as well as the other fans in my case.
m
l
!