Running a private dedicated server( system req's)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 7, 2004 8:18:08 PM

What is the minimum need to run a dedicated server?

I know it has to be much less than running a full fledged game.

Thanks.
May 8, 2004 3:59:57 AM

Randy enlightened us with:
> What is the minimum need to run a dedicated server?

Athlon / Pentium 3, 500 MHz, 256 MB, running some very minimal Linux.
Not based on facts, but I think this should handle it. The choise of
Linux is because you can strip it better than Windows, thus reducing the
specs more.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 4:26:06 AM

"Randy" <randy1640@cox.net> wrote:
>What is the minimum need to run a dedicated server?

My P3-450 with 128M runs it just fine.

--
William Smith