Video Issue with new System

arw357

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Hello all,
I have aquired a new system, configuration follows:
SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Power- Antec/BP500U-EC-BP500
Harddrive - WD/SATA2-500GB-7200RPM-3GB-S-32MB-CAVIAR-BLACK-WD5001AALS-WDC-WD5001AALS
Memory - Corsair/TW3X4G1333C9-D3CT413C9 2x 2Gb
Mainboard- Gigabyte/H55M-S2H-H55M-S2H
Processor- Intel/Boxed-Intel-Core-i3-530-Processor-4M-Cache-2-93-GHz-FC-LGA10-BX80616I3530
Win 7 - all updates and all drivers updated.

Issue:
Video driver stoped responding with my graphics card after an hour or so of gameplay (COD MW2 M) or instantly after load ( 1 second of gameplay ! ). Sometimes required hard reboot, sometimes just video driver was reset by windows. Spoke with Sapphiretech ,update your drivers, try another power connector, then told me to send it to my provider . Done - waiting for an answer now.

The strange thing - I added a hard disk - Seagate i think ( not at home right now ) - will insert it when i get there ) and
I now use the onboard graphics card. I installed the new driver (INTEL GMA HD) and also left the old driver installed (Ati Catalyst). I get random restart of video driver while being in windows and doing nothing ( was listening to some songs ). - very often - a couple of minutes. Now besides recomending that i should uninstall the Ati driver which i will do.
Does anybody have another suggestion as to what i can check for ? - i'm thinking, in this order - PSU , Motherboard, Processor.

Ill bet its the 1.6V Corsair RAM. Everyone seems to be having this problem. New motherboards are going to set the RAM voltage to 1.5. If your RAM specs are for more than that you need to manually go into the bios and force the RAM voltage higher.