Asus P6T SE not posting

carmod

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
This just happened out of nowhere,
when i power up the computer starts but nothing appears on the screen and the mobo speaker makes no sound,
one time i tried tho the asus splash came on for less than a second and i havent seen it since

Ive tried switching the ram slots and putting them in one at a time
I also bought a new psu to see if that had anything to do with it

Have no idea whats happening, any ideas?

Asus P6T SE
9600 GT
Core i7 920
4GB Kingston Value ram

Cygnus x-1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Did you clear the bios before each try? I remember reading that the orange slots should be populated first. Try clearing via the jumper, and use one stick in the first orange slot and see how it goes.

carmod

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I took out the mobo battery for aobut 30 mins and moved the cmos cap, is that what you mean? I havent moved the ram since i did that , will doing after make a difference?

Cygnus x-1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
I would use the jumper to clear, it's in your manual, very easy to do. Clear it after the ram is out then reinstall making sure it clicks in firmly. Try one stick at a time.

carmod

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
No luck with that, used the jumber with the ram out and tried one stick at a time in all slots.

Another symptom i forget to mention was that i can power on the computer using the case button but then i have to turn the psu off to power down , restart and power buttons on case dont work once its on but its a cheap ass case so i dunno

Cygnus x-1

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
I wonder if you have a short somewhere. You next step may be to build it out of the case and carefully according to instruction, attach the case wires to the mobo.