Hosting Internet Game (non-dedicated)

Hi

I'm having problems hosting an internet game in Unreal Tournament 2004.

I set everything up correctly i.e. check the 'Advertise' box so it should
show up in the 'Internet' list however it doesn't - but it does show up in
the 'LAN' list.

Is there something else I should be doing? My mate can host a game fine
and I can join over the internet.

If its of any relevance, I'm using a Westell 2410 router to connect to the
net.

Cheers

Meltdown

Chris Flowers enlightened us with:
> I set everything up correctly

Apparently not.

> i.e. check the 'Advertise' box so it should show up in the 'Internet'
> list however it doesn't - but it does show up in the 'LAN' list.

Are you checking from your LAN? In that case, it's the expected result.
Check from a computer somewhere on the internet.

> If its of any relevance, I'm using a Westell 2410 router to connect to
> the net.

Have you configured port forwarding?

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

TRENDING THREADS