Installer and the Installshield Failure

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Been there and done everything I could find here, no results. Mcafee's
Security software crashed my system while writing to the regisiter. I have
made several repairs and everything seems to be working except the
Installshield "Error 1607" and the "Windows Installer Service couldn't be
accessed". I assume they are a related problem. Also, I tried to use the
repair feature on my orginal disk. It ran until nearly finish and came up
with a "Line 0 dmreg.inf cannot read". I can live with a minor IE problem I
have but I can't without the ability to install any programs. Sigh, I can't
install any antivirus problem and you can be assured it will not be McAfee's.

Any help would sure be appreciated.
Tks,

--
George

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

George Again!

Over the weekend I installed XP in a seperate directory. The installation
programs worked. This obviously tells me I have sometime setup in error on
my orginal setup. I have tried to install the repair function on the WP
disked. No success as it just will not boot.

I am retired now and I thought this frustration was suppose to end. Grin,
please help.

George
--
George