Problem with change of local user to domain user

Until a week ago I worked on Win XP workstation with local users. Now I
installed a Windows 2003 server and created a domain user on which I would
like to transfer my local user's settings and configuration. How can that be
done. The system -> user profile seems only to allow the opposite copy.
--
Kind Regards,
Henri

    You can use the Copy To function to mirror the profile. Logon at least once
    after joining the domain. Then while logged on as another user (with
    administrative rights) Control Panel|System|User Profiles, select your
    userprofile, Copy To, Browse to
    %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\userprofile.domainname
    Change "Permitted to use:" to "userprofile.domainname" OK.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Henri Biron" wrote:
    | Until a week ago I worked on Win XP workstation with local users. Now I
    | installed a Windows 2003 server and created a domain user on which I would
    | like to transfer my local user's settings and configuration. How can that
    be
    | done. The system -> user profile seems only to allow the opposite copy.
    | --
    | Kind Regards,
    | Henri

    When I'm logged in with my local account, copyto is disabled and when I log
    in with my domain account, my local account isn't visible, so my problem
    isn't solved. Do you know another way?
    --
    Kind Regards,
    Henri

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > You can use the Copy To function to mirror the profile. Logon at least once
    > after joining the domain. Then while logged on as another user (with
    > administrative rights) Control Panel|System|User Profiles, select your
    > userprofile, Copy To, Browse to
    > %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\userprofile.domainname
    > Change "Permitted to use:" to "userprofile.domainname" OK.
    >

    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Henri Biron" wrote:
    > | Until a week ago I worked on Win XP workstation with local users. Now I
    > | installed a Windows 2003 server and created a domain user on which I would
    > | like to transfer my local user's settings and configuration. How can that
    > be
    > | done. The system -> user profile seems only to allow the opposite copy.
    > | --
    > | Kind Regards,
    > | Henri

    You'll need to logon as another user with local administrative rights.

    --

    "Henri Biron" wrote:
    | When I'm logged in with my local account, copyto is disabled and when I
    log
    | in with my domain account, my local account isn't visible, so my problem
    | isn't solved. Do you know another way?
    | --
    | Kind Regards,
    | Henri

    How do you create local administrative rights?
    --
    Kind Regards,
    Henri

    "Dave Patrick" wrote:

    > You'll need to logon as another user with local administrative rights.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Henri Biron" wrote:
    > | When I'm logged in with my local account, copyto is disabled and when I
    > log
    > | in with my domain account, my local account isn't visible, so my problem
    > | isn't solved. Do you know another way?
    > | --
    > | Kind Regards,
    > | Henri

    Control Panel|User Accounts|Add
    then
    Control Panel|User Accounts|"new account"|Properties|Group
    Membership|Other|"administrators"
    then logon with this account to perform the 'Copy To' function

    --

    "Henri Biron" wrote:
    | How do you create local administrative rights?
    | --
    | Kind Regards,
    | Henri

Configuration Domain Windows Server 2003 Windows XP