Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 Bios (Should I Update?)

Hidegski

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Pretty much says it all. I've heard that there are some issues with the stock version of the Bios that make OCing rougher, but I've also heard the F2 and F3 updates aren't much better and some said provide more issues.

Can I get some advice on the pros and cons of updating, and if I should update, which version should I bounce with? :bounce: Thanks!

Solution
For the time being steer clear of F2 or F3, the 22nm BIOS are causing issues for a lot of people. Only upgrade your BIOS IF you are having 'BIOS related problems.' Obviously, in your case IF you have a 'OCZ PCIe SSD' the duh F4.
For the time being steer clear of F2 or F3, the 22nm BIOS are causing issues for a lot of people. Only upgrade your BIOS IF you are having 'BIOS related problems.' Obviously, in your case IF you have a 'OCZ PCIe SSD' the duh F4.

Solution

Hidegski

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I just checked their website DL BIOS page and if that's all that changed on F4, ur right, I shouldn't need it.

I have no intent to deal with updating F2 or F3 and dealing with those issues, but am I missing out on anything important with stuff below?

F3 - 2.Support Intel 22nm CPU
F2 - 2.Support Intel Smart Response