Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Powercolor 4850 1 gb (PCS) overheating ,artifacts

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 18, 2010 8:00:54 PM

Hi..i used to run less graphic intensive games since i previously had P4 3.06ghz processor.just 2 weeks before upgraded to Q8400 2.66GHZ,1GB ram.
since then i have been running games like assassin creed,GRID,lost planet like that.
i note few artifacts while playing GRID then while loading the game freezed so i exited .this happened in Assassin too.so i thought ram is not enough.
but now the artifacts in GRID are increasing and soon screen blacks out,i have to restart.i just touched my card while getting artifact it was boiling hot...
what could be reason for artifacts???
actually all games plays like charm..though on 1gb ram .
i get artifact in grid and lost planet;assassin the game simply crashes..no computer hannging and all...

the flickered line i saw once was like this:-
http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/de_dust20002.jp...
August 18, 2010 8:12:00 PM

1gb system ram? If so that is Very low. I used to have 1gb ram on my old athlon xp rig that is older than your ancient p4. As for the card clean the cooler and if that doesn't improve then max the fan. If nothing then RMA that brick.
m
0
l
August 19, 2010 2:06:09 AM

So, what is your card temps?
Also, what is your PSU? brand? model?

If it's brand new then just RMA it to get a replacement...
m
0
l
Related resources
August 26, 2010 7:12:13 AM

wa1 said:
So, what is your card temps?
Also, what is your PSU? brand? model?

If it's brand new then just RMA it to get a replacement...




actually i installed ATI tols and changed fan speed to 44% and temp is at max 72c...however i find those odd things only after loading to a next scene or stage eg. in lost planet extreme,venetica,GRID...but this never happens in crysis or warhead assassin's creed..
my PSU is Huntkey V-power 450W.
one more thing...in GRID when i find artifacts like checkerboard or flashes and after i press alt-tab and switch , the game runs perfect.
i play in medium-high settings.i doubt it is inadequate ram.it shoudnt be GPU fault i hope :-(.
m
0
l
August 26, 2010 7:16:22 AM

nforce4max said:
1gb system ram? If so that is Very low. I used to have 1gb ram on my old athlon xp rig that is older than your ancient p4. As for the card clean the cooler and if that doesn't improve then max the fan. If nothing then RMA that brick.


should i have registered my card for RMA?? or i can show my purchase bill date and RMA?? i didnt register actually..tell me the RMA procedure please ...its been 8 to 9 months since i purchased the card.
m
0
l
August 26, 2010 12:35:54 PM

harrierjeeva said:
should i have registered my card for RMA?? or i can show my purchase bill date and RMA?? i didnt register actually..tell me the RMA procedure please ...its been 8 to 9 months since i purchased the card.



I don't know that. Usually you get a few weeks to a month but you can try to contact customer support and see if you can RMA at all or not.
m
0
l
Anonymous
August 26, 2010 1:03:12 PM

Don't worry my friend all 4850 with refrence coolers like the one i had (now replaced with 5850) are extremely hot. I had MSI 4850 for 2 years playing games days and nights having temp of 92c with my MSI 4850 and nothing happend. So don't worry and dominate all games with your 4850. Just upgrade your ram to (at least) 2GB and have fun.
m
0
l
August 26, 2010 3:43:10 PM

Quote:
Don't worry my friend all 4850 with refrence coolers like the one i had (now replaced with 5850) are extremely hot. I had MSI 4850 for 2 years playing games days and nights having temp of 92c with my MSI 4850 and nothing happend. So don't worry and dominate all games with your 4850. Just upgrade your ram to (at least) 2GB and have fun.


thanks holmes. thats a little convincing...i'm to add 2GB to that
m
0
l
September 5, 2010 5:53:02 AM

wa1 said:
So, what is your card temps?
Also, what is your PSU? brand? model?

If it's brand new then just RMA it to get a replacement...



just posted to powercolor...
as usual they said to clean and then update drivers..
i cleaned entire case still of no use..have to update drivers
m
0
l
!