Solved

Low fps with my new 5770 card

Read below.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5770 card
  1. Hello, I am new to all of this, but I just got a sapphire ATI RADEON 5770 HD graphics card, and a fatal1ty 550W psu, and 4gb g.skill DDR2

    also my computer Pentium Dual Core @ 2.5 GHZ

    OK basically my problem is that I installed all this stuff into my Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista 32 bit(btw) and I downloaded the newest drivers, and I went to play Oblivion and I'm only getting around 20 FPS.

    I did a Benchmark test and here's what I got:

    Graphics 3D - Complex = 30.2 FPS

    Graphics 3D - Direct X 10 = 20.8 FPS

    Is there any other information that would help someone figure out this terribly low fps?
  2. If you are getting low fps, it can be your processor. Check your cpu temperatures. And in which slot you installed the card is it pci express x16 give me your specs.
  3. i have a dell inspiron 530, you can see the specs here - http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/document.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&~file=/systems/inspd530/en/om/html/appendix.htm

    It has 4 slots in the back, the ATI 5770 takes up two slots, I put the card in the top two.

    My processor is a Pentium Dual-Core E5200 @ 2.50 GHZ

    Look below for the diagram.


  4. That is my computer... 24 is the PCI x16 connector and then 23 is the PCI Express x1 connector
  5. What resolution are you playing at?
  6. Your proc is chocking the hell out your gpu. All i can say is you need to clock that thing up to at least 3.5. If that doesnt help your situation then its time for an upgrade plain and simple. I dont think your gonna get very good results out that chip even overclocked.

    Sorry
  7. silky salamandr said:
    Your proc is chocking the hell out your gpu. All i can say is you need to clock that thing up to at least 3.5. If that doesnt help your situation then its time for an upgrade plain and simple. I dont think your gonna get very good results out that chip even overclocked.

    Sorry


    is there a easy guide to OC'ing? Maybe it would be best if I just buy a new processor. What would be a good choice for my dell inspiron 530? thanks for your help.
  8. it's between these two

    Intel Core i3-550 Clarkdale 3.2GHz - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115065&cm_re=dual_core_processor-_-19-115-065-_-Product

    OR THE

    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz

    Which do you guys think is the best?
  9. Best answer
    jlzagar said:
    it's between these two

    Intel Core i3-550 Clarkdale 3.2GHz - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115065&cm_re=dual_core_processor-_-19-115-065-_-Product

    OR THE

    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz

    Which do you guys think is the best?


    The socket you have is 775. The i3 is on socket 1156 so the i3 wont work for you unless your going to do a ram change and mobo but I dont think thats an option. The core 2 duo is a great gaming chip. You just have to see if your mobo can support the core 2 duo. If it can then that would give you more performance out of your 5770.
  10. silky salamandr said:
    The socket you have is 775. The i3 is on socket 1156 so the i3 wont work for you unless your going to do a ram change and mobo but I dont think thats an option. The core 2 duo is a great gaming chip. You just have to see if your mobo can support the core 2 duo. If it can then that would give you more performance out of your 5770.


    Thanks for your input. I was thinking about actually keeping my current core 2 duo that came with my Dell. I was doing some research and I read that my chip can easily be OC'ed to 3.0 ghz

    Only problem is my BIOS are locked so I will need to get a new motherboard. Below are a case and motherboard and I was wondering if they would work :

    Antec Three Hundred Black Steel - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042

    and

    ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131232


    All input is very much appreciated. I just started getting into this stuff and I've just been doing non stop reading. I am excited so thanks in advance.
  11. Best answer selected by jlzagar.
  12. I selected best answer on accident. I didn't know it would say that the whole problem is solved.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Low FPS Graphics Product