Sign in with
Your question

Moving stuff from SSD to HDD

Last response: in Storage
January 9, 2013 9:04:48 PM

I didn't think that it mattered where I posted, either in HDD or SSD. Basically what I'm wondering is, which files should I move from my SSD to my HDD? At the moment everything is stored on my SSD (minus pictures, documents, and such) which is filling up fast. I need to move some stuff around, what would be reccomending? If any details are needed in regards to my storage, just ask, I wasn't sure what would be needed so I didn't post any.

More about : moving stuff ssd hdd

a c 135 G Storage
January 10, 2013 4:37:53 AM

If you are using Internet Explorer you can move your temporary internet folder to the HDD (Tools, Internet options, Browsing History - Settings, Move Folder). You can move the index file to the HDD ( http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7maintenance/performanc... ). Moving those two will free up some space.
m
l
January 10, 2013 9:50:49 PM

Thanks a lot. I think that I found a big reason that it was filling up so fast; the downloads folder. I don't know how, but I had around 10GB of stuff on it. I moved it to the HDD, and set it up to still be default when I download stuff. I really need to start paying more attention when I do things like that though, because I end up solving my problem but not knowing exactly how
m
l
a c 135 G Storage
January 11, 2013 4:56:30 AM

BloodyDream3 said:
Thanks a lot. I think that I found a big reason that it was filling up so fast; the downloads folder. I don't know how, but I had around 10GB of stuff on it. I moved it to the HDD, and set it up to still be default when I download stuff. I really need to start paying more attention when I do things like that though, because I end up solving my problem but not knowing exactly how

Glad to help and even more glad you found a way to clean some space on that hard drive.
m
l
!