SSD Locked

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • SSD
  • Windows 8
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 9, 2013 9:13:51 PM

So I got a SSD Corsair Performance 3 series 64 Gb.

Its been sitting for about a 3 months while i was out of state, and I go to boot it up into windows 7 and Explorer would not start. I tried starting ti through Task manager no dice.

I tried to install 4 diff copies of Windows 8 and I get stuck on 0% of Getting the files ready. (I am using USB drive to install it.

I tried to run the Windows 8 repair on my 7, and it says my SSD is locked and I would need to unlock it before continuing. How can I unlock it?

More about : ssd locked

January 9, 2013 11:01:33 PM

if you have a warranty rma it it is probably defective
(nice name)
m
l
January 10, 2013 12:27:08 AM

I had to format the drive unfortunatly. I had alot of nice programs on there from my old 7 install. The format did the trick.

(lol you too)
m
l
Related resources
January 16, 2013 7:07:55 PM

Zeal514 said:
I had to format the drive unfortunatly. I had alot of nice programs on there from my old 7 install. The format did the trick.

(lol you too)

OK guess i have to format it. you mean reinstall windows on the ssd right??
m
l
January 16, 2013 7:24:36 PM

yea, to install windows I got it working. Formatting did the trick. I was hoping to be able to just install over the old Windows 7, then move files over than format and re-install.
m
l
January 19, 2013 3:26:00 PM

Zeal514 said:
yea, to install windows I got it working. Formatting did the trick. I was hoping to be able to just install over the old Windows 7, then move files over than format and re-install.

Ok thanks i have never had to do this before. Been looking around for how to do this for free cuz there is no way i am paying for transferring windows 7. yOu gave me the best solution so thanks.
m
l
January 20, 2013 1:25:51 AM

im not sure if that unlocks it. I saw some paid software that unlocks them for intel but nothing for corsair. so if the format unlocks them or not I can't say for sure, that coulda also been a safety feature of Windows 8, I really dont know, it would take some testing.
m
l
!