Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card screw help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 18, 2010 8:26:58 PM

Hi, I have a computer that keeps shutting off on me I recently just got the xfx radeon hd 5770 My computer case doesn't take any screw it takes some metal bracket I want to buy it but I have no idea whats its called does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Edit: fixed the shutting off problem the outlit didn't have enough power I have 850 w psu but I still want to know the metal bracket to hold it in place

More about : graphics card screw

a c 235 U Graphics card
August 18, 2010 8:54:54 PM

can you post a pic or go into clearer detail on the issue?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
August 18, 2010 9:00:59 PM

Hes talking about a meatal braket the hold it in place with pressure. That would not be causing this issue, if his computer keeps shuting down it may be from not enough power in the PSU
m
l
Related resources
a c 235 U Graphics card
August 18, 2010 9:08:20 PM

Snipergod87 said:
Hes talking about a meatal braket the hold it in place with pressure. That would not be causing this issue, if his computer keeps shuting down it may be from not enough power in the PSU

more then likely its a power issue. I know DELL & HP used card retention doors in the past (a total pain in the ass)
m
l
August 19, 2010 4:13:33 AM

actually I found why it kept turning off the outlit was a spliter and not enough power whent to it now it works great my psu requires alot of power its 850w but I still want that metal bracket to hold it in place. if anyone knows what it is please tell me
m
l
!