Video Starcraft 2 game

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew3240711

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
My laptop has a 256 MB GeForce 8200 M G video card and an AMD Turion Dual Core RM 70 2.00 Ghz processor. Can I run the new Starcraft 2 game.

gwarriornoob

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Hello, I have just got starcraft II and it is running very slowly. As far as I can tell my system should allow me to run this game fine but according to http://svc.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/ (Can you run it):
Recommended: 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better
You Have: ATI display adapter (0x94C9) So I know my laptop has this dumb (integrated?) card (an ATI Radeon HD2400) and from doing some research realise this doesn't have the specific memory I need (although CYRI says needed 512mb and that I have 1.9gb). PLEASE can someone explain what the problem is, and how I avoid it for the next time (I am in the process of buying a new laptop). I appreciate that this is a bit of a noob query, but I checked the forum and can't see a sticky or a subject that meshes with what I am looking for. In a separate but linked problem I recently brought a Hauppage USB TV tuner which won't play more than a few seconds of TV before freezing - is this a related issue to the lack of memory??! Any help greatly received and appreciated! Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.