Stats & serwers

Hi all

I have 2 questions:
-how can I set these stats for me and how does it work:)??
-what does this ear mean near the server name?Cause I can't connect to
them:/

On Sun, 9 May 2004 12:16:46 +0200, "Profil1" <jay@neostrada.pl> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I have 2 questions:
>-how can I set these stats for me and how does it work:)??

Stats are broken. No one knows when Epic will get them fixed.

>-what does this ear mean near the server name?Cause I can't connect to
>them:/

The ear means it is a "listen" server. It means it's not a dedicated
server. I don't know why you can't connect to them, but if you're
just looking for a game you're better off *not* connecting to them
since it's probably not that great a server.

Does anyone know where the term "listen" server came from? What was
wrong with the old "dedicated/non-dedicated" designation?

Uzytkownik "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> napisal w wiadomosci
> On Sun, 9 May 2004 12:16:46 +0200, "Profil1" <jay@neostrada.pl> wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> >
> >I have 2 questions:
> >-how can I set these stats for me and how does it work:)??
>
> Stats are broken. No one knows when Epic will get them fixed.

And how did they work...wanna be prepared next time.....
And btw can somebody ring a bell here when it'll work again:)

> >-what does this ear mean near the server name?Cause I can't connect to
> >them:/
>
> The ear means it is a "listen" server. It means it's not a dedicated
> server. I don't know why you can't connect to them, but if you're
> just looking for a game you're better off *not* connecting to them
> since it's probably not that great a server.

And so I ain't..I found myself a good one and try to connect to it when it's
not full.

> Does anyone know where the term "listen" server came from? What was
> wrong with the old "dedicated/non-dedicated" designation?

And last,probably noob question - what's the difference between
dedicated(listen) and non-dedicated(?) server:)?

On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:57:05 +0200, "Profil1" <jay@neostrada.pl> wrote:

>And last,probably noob question - what's the difference between
>dedicated(listen) and non-dedicated(?) server:)?

A non-dedicated server means you are hosting a game and also playing
on the same instance of the game. In that case, you have a ping of 0.

A dedicated server means UT is a server process and is designed for
clients to connect to it, but it isn't designed to be "played".

Some people start a server instance on a box and then start a client
instance on the same box and join the server through the LAN function.
With UT2004, that would take a fairly beefy box.