Stats & serwers

Hi all

I have 2 questions:
-how can I set these stats for me and how does it work:)??
-what does this ear mean near the server name?Cause I can't connect to
them:/
3 answers Last reply
More about stats serwers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 12:16:46 +0200, "Profil1" <jay@neostrada.pl> wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >I have 2 questions:
    >-how can I set these stats for me and how does it work:)??

    Stats are broken. No one knows when Epic will get them fixed.

    >-what does this ear mean near the server name?Cause I can't connect to
    >them:/

    The ear means it is a "listen" server. It means it's not a dedicated
    server. I don't know why you can't connect to them, but if you're
    just looking for a game you're better off *not* connecting to them
    since it's probably not that great a server.

    Does anyone know where the term "listen" server came from? What was
    wrong with the old "dedicated/non-dedicated" designation?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Uzytkownik "Folk" <Folk@folk.com> napisal w wiadomosci
    > On Sun, 9 May 2004 12:16:46 +0200, "Profil1" <jay@neostrada.pl> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all
    > >
    > >I have 2 questions:
    > >-how can I set these stats for me and how does it work:)??
    >
    > Stats are broken. No one knows when Epic will get them fixed.

    And how did they work...wanna be prepared next time.....
    And btw can somebody ring a bell here when it'll work again:)

    > >-what does this ear mean near the server name?Cause I can't connect to
    > >them:/
    >
    > The ear means it is a "listen" server. It means it's not a dedicated
    > server. I don't know why you can't connect to them, but if you're
    > just looking for a game you're better off *not* connecting to them
    > since it's probably not that great a server.

    And so I ain't..I found myself a good one and try to connect to it when it's
    not full.

    > Does anyone know where the term "listen" server came from? What was
    > wrong with the old "dedicated/non-dedicated" designation?

    And last,probably noob question - what's the difference between
    dedicated(listen) and non-dedicated(?) server:)?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:57:05 +0200, "Profil1" <jay@neostrada.pl> wrote:

    >And last,probably noob question - what's the difference between
    >dedicated(listen) and non-dedicated(?) server:)?

    A non-dedicated server means you are hosting a game and also playing
    on the same instance of the game. In that case, you have a ping of 0.

    A dedicated server means UT is a server process and is designed for
    clients to connect to it, but it isn't designed to be "played".

    Some people start a server instance on a box and then start a client
    instance on the same box and join the server through the LAN function.
    With UT2004, that would take a fairly beefy box.

Connection Games Servers Video Games