Sign in with
Your question

Silverstone and Coolermaster Questions

Last response: in Components
December 28, 2010 8:03:55 AM

Hello,I've got some questions about the cases of these brands.

-Silverstone Rv01 and 02 cases suck air from the bottom and exhaust from the top.Can they suck enough air from the bottom of the case to have a good cooling,and also,don't they suck the dust on the floor from the bottom as well?

-About CoolerMaster:
I hear there are some static issues at those cases.How general is this,and is there a way to find out if the case has the problem or not before experiencing it?Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 8:14:02 AM

Silverstone Raven 2 is the better of the two... and yes the cooling is fine and the bottom fans have removable dust filters so no worry about dust... but the case is huge mind you...

I own a CM HAF X and i have never come across a CM with any static issues though i have heard about it in a few posts... If you do have one with static issue you can always RMA it...

An afterthought... if your PSU connection to the AC is not grounded properly (lack of third pin or bad building wiring) then it could also be the reason for static shock...
December 28, 2010 8:22:18 AM

I think I've heard the reason of static shocks by CM cases were caused by the USB ports' circuits were too close to the case frames,so they'd touch eachother easyly.I'm not an electronics expert so I'm not sure what I'm saying but I think it was along those lines...

Oh,and there was another thing I wanted to ask about the Silverstones.Is the cables hole of the top panel enough for everything to go through?I don't really wanna have to remove the top panel in case I buy one...

Related resources
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 9:27:44 AM

CM corrected this by adding a padding between the port's board and the chasis... and this was a problem in their earlier HAF's so not a problem anymore... as i said if you do get one then you can RMA it...

And yes it should allow most of the cables to run through...
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 9:41:41 AM

I'm also looking for a new case and always liked the CM HAF-X but after researching the Raven02 its looking like the one I'll go for, the only other one in the mix is the Corsair Obsidian, also looks awesome.
http://www.corsair.com/en/cases/obsidian-series.html

This is a good look at the Raven, the cooling power seems great, and the reversed mobo setup seems to work.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-r...

Are you aware there is a new revision of the Raven 02 called the Raven 02-E, seems like the one to go for.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2010/05/04/first...

The Corsair is more than the Raven but the Raven to me just seems unbeatable.
I like the HAF-X but the build quality and style of the Raven gets my vote.

Hope this helps. :D 
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 10:14:17 AM

I prefer the fortress 2... it has all the goodies of raven minus its imposing size and look... but a little more expensive ($80 more LOL!!!)...
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 10:36:12 AM

Yeah that is nice, not a big as the Raven. Have you seen the red version?

Just seen you can get a full tower version also, even more expensive, same price as the 800D.
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 10:45:47 AM

The fortress is a mid tower... just a tad smaller than Raven which is full tower...

Though i love red color i didnt like it INSIDE the case... it looks like the insides of a human body for pete's sake... I would have preferred just touches of red here and there like chassis inside edges and the plastic locks... or even the fans... complete red background just screams RED in the face... Since its a subtler case than raven the RED also should have been subtle...
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 10:50:18 AM

The one in the pic is a mid tower, seems to be quite a few options.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/silverstone-fortress-ft0...

Yeah the red is a bit crazy, its one of those tings you look at and go "Yeah thats cool" but I bet after a few weeks your looking at it thinking "Why did I get a bright red case". :lol: 
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 11:00:19 AM

I also dont like the PSU cable for the GPU running on top of the fans once it is assembled... If silverstone does something about it in a revision model i wont hesitate to recommend it as my #1 choice in any build... till then HAF X rules...
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 12:05:11 PM

The revised Raven 02 does just that, the cable routes along the side inbetween the case and panel.

Just not 100% taken on everything being sideways but its proven to work.
December 28, 2010 4:17:15 PM

So,is there a way I can test the case to prevent it from damaging the system before RMAing,just in case?
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 4:32:56 PM

Non compliance...damage the system what do you mean mate? :pt1cable: 
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 4:35:31 PM

Quote:
you guys with these big ass cases.....
being more of a mATX guy, I'd get lost with all that room to have.
I wouldn't know if I could even stop modding and modding.... :pt1cable: 

SilverStone Sugo SG03 SST-SG03B (black) mesh grill - 2 x 120mm fan + cross-flow fan
http://www.aerocooler.com/shop.cart?action=ITEM&prod_id...

You should try it mate, all that room, you may like it. :D 

The possibilities are endless.
December 28, 2010 5:59:19 PM

beanoslim said:
Non compliance...damage the system what do you mean mate? :pt1cable: 

Don't those static shock damage the components inside?
a b ) Power supply
December 28, 2010 6:12:29 PM

abully said:
CM corrected this by adding a padding between the port's board and the chasis... and this was a problem in their earlier HAF's so not a problem anymore... as i said if you do get one then you can RMA it...

And yes it should allow most of the cables to run through...

You not getting the Silverstone then?

I wish Abully hadn't mentioned the Fortress!!
!