Your question

Problem with my PC(no idea)

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Spyware
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
October 1, 2010 2:40:40 AM

Hello, I am having trouble with my PC. I got a bunch of spyware last night off of thepiratebay.org, and after i used my spyware scan to get rid of the spyware, it asked me to restart my pc, so i clicked yes and after the reboot, my pc wouldn't start up past the windows loading screen(the part where it says Windows is starting up or something). I tried my HD on the PC upstairs and it started up fine with the other PC, and i also tried the HD from upstairs on my pc and it didn't work. Then i tried to reisntall windows xp on to my hard drive and it keeps rebooting over won't go past the Windows loading screen. I tried to remove all the hardware connected like the, cd drive, network card, etc. No luck. Any suggestions?

Edit: Missing around with it a little more it randomly started working again. No idea how or why..

More about : problem idea

October 1, 2010 4:24:02 AM

sk8man57 said:
Hello, I am having trouble with my PC. I got a bunch of spyware last night off of thepiratebay.org, and after i used my spyware scan to get rid of the spyware, it asked me to restart my pc, so i clicked yes and after the reboot, my pc wouldn't start up past the windows loading screen(the part where it says Windows is starting up or something). I tried my HD on the PC upstairs and it started up fine with the other PC, and i also tried the HD from upstairs on my pc and it didn't work. Then i tried to reisntall windows xp on to my hard drive and it keeps rebooting over won't go past the Windows loading screen. I tried to remove all the hardware connected like the, cd drive, network card, etc. No luck. Any suggestions?

Edit: Missing around with it a little more it randomly started working again. No idea how or why..

What scanning software did you use? Did you get a blue screen? If so, what did it say (after hitting f8 and disabling auto booting on restart)? Did you try safe mode (also by hitting f8) and did that work? Did you try a completely fresh install of Windows (boot from CD, fresh partition), and if you did, where exactly does it keep rebooting? This is a plea for specifics, otherwise its tough to help ya. Its really difficult for a PC to have hardware damage due to spyware, and hot swapping Hard Drives like that doesn't necessarily help for diagnostics. There are spywares out there that screw with the motherboards BIOS as well. Theres numerous ways to flash the BIOS with a USB Drive here: http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm . To be quite honest, I don't know which method I used in the past. But check what Blue Screen says first.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
October 3, 2010 4:18:05 PM

It's really difficult for me to grasp this...... the HD (INFECTED) started up in the Comp upstairs and the HD Uninfected of the Upstairs comp failed to start in the downstairs infected comp...... is that right? If I understood the OP correctly.....
If the disc worked fine upstairs it should work fine downstairs..... it's not like HDD are effected by 10 feet of Gforce... right?
The problems is not with the hdd, os, spyware or the scanner used if it worked right on the other computer.
Something in the computer downstairs has not been setup right when you put it back together again......
Re-seat the RAM and the Graphics card and then boot.
Also, removing any other peripheral you have attached will solve your problem.
And disconnect the LAN cable when you install Windows again.
m
l
!