Dell Dimension E520

CrossStealth

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
Hello, a friend of mine asked me to fix their computer. It came with windows xp and I have a burned copy and will use the sticker serial number on the side of the case. The cd drive was broken so I installed a new one. Anyway it picked up the disk and has booted into setup. As soon as it says its launching setup for xp I get a BSOD Stop 0x0000007b. Can anyone help me get past this issue?

Thanks in advance

Oh and the pc is at stock not overclocked and no new hardware other then the cd drive. The old broken one is still connected as of now and is using sata. Any other info please ask.

CrossStealth

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
The disk that came with the computer is a repair disk only that I have only been able to open in windows. I wiped windows and since then it has not picked up the cd. That is why a friend of mine burned a copy. I have a legal serial number that came with the original computer so I dont see why having a copy is a proble,. I know if you buy a ps2 game and make a copy of it, it is perfectly legal to use the backup copy just in case the original is damaged.

Anyway can anyone help me with this issue. Im trying to fix it tonight and its already 3am and I just finished a 13 hour shift at work.

Thank you