Kodak Releases A New Camera - KODAK EasyShare-One digital ..

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 6, 2005 4:05:02 PM

Greetings all,

Just wanted to share some information about a new digital camera release
from Kodak. The URL below will give you a full set of details and
information about this camera. I have had the chance to review it and work
with it a bit. I am sure that when it hits the stores you are going to love
it. Quite innovative and fun to use. Check it out! I am here if you have
any questions.

http://www.kodak.com/go/easyshare-one

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 4:30:31 PM

"Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> Just wanted to share some information about a new digital camera release
> from Kodak. The URL below will give you a full set of details and
> information about this camera. I have had the chance to review it and
work
> with it a bit. I am sure that when it hits the stores you are going to
love
> it. Quite innovative and fun to use. Check it out! I am here if you
have
> any questions.
>
> http://www.kodak.com/go/easyshare-one
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company

A particularly egregious abuse of Usenet.

My question, Ron, would be why a company like Kodak doesn't follow the rules
in marketing it's products?
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 6:09:44 PM

"Claim Guy" <porthos_jbNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p qadnXbDC8hSHkDcRVn-iA@rogers.com...
> A particularly egregious abuse of Usenet.

Kind of like quoting an entire message?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 7:02:02 PM

"Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> Just wanted to share some information about a new digital camera release
> from Kodak.

Geez, Ron. Tough crowd.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 9:00:32 PM

Hmmmm.

".. am sure that when it hits the stores you are going to love
it. Quite innovative and fun to use."

Usenet etiquette suggests that if you are pushing a commercial barrow,
you need to be very careful to NOT use words like 'you are going to
love it..fun to use'.

You should simply explain what is offered in a very matter of fact way,
and hope to heck that your audience is suitably impressed by those
facts.

If it really is innovative, you should have stated why in your post,
not just supply a link. Grudgingly I looked at the link, and found
little that was truly innovative.

Sorry. Barely worth 2/10, and 2 points removed for lack of etiquette.
0/10.
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 12:00:16 AM

In article <_kmDd.46559$da1.7267@fe05.lga>, Ron Hunter <rphunter@charter.net>
wrote:

> Don't you think you are being a bit harsh.

I thought the same thing.

Assuming the Kodak poster is legitimate, it is a rare thing indeed that a
company representative has the NERVE to actually post on usenet. I have read
some of his other posts and recall they were helpful - IOW, not all
advertisements.

I was rather frustrated to see the guy flamed so vehemently. Yeah, yeah, he
touted a commercial product but, IMHO, did it very nicely without a lot of
wasted bandwidth (a link instead of in-line features, etc)

I wish other companies would be a little more "visible" here. However,
considering the rather outrageous "flipping burgers" follow-up/flaming of this
poster, I'm not surprised they aren't.

We can endure an interminable OFF-TOPIC thread [meaning of life] (Horrible
Tsunami Pics) and top/bottom post thread, not to mention the usual spam, but
let someone foolish enough to use a real log-in and post a single page mention
of a commercial product and BAM! Flame City. It's sad.

:(
JR
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 2:24:11 AM

Ron Baird wrote:
I have had the chance to review it and work
> with it a bit. I am sure that when it hits the stores you are going to love
> it. Quite innovative and fun to use. Check it out! I am here if you have
> any questions.

I'm wondering why the wireless feature, since you need to physically
dock the camera to charge the battery anyhow.

It's also missing that super-handy grip for the right hand.

The flip-out LCD is definitely a plus, and was one of the neatest
features of the Canon G3 (and its offspring). Great for 'sniper-style'
photography, and with a 3" screen, old fogies like me can actually see
what's on there.

Still, that's not much of a reason to spend double+ the cost of a
DX7440, and it looks to me like this camera doesn't have a viewfinder.
Is that correct? The user has to use the LCD?

The internal memory is a nice touch, but still, I can pop a 512MB into
my 7440 and shoot forever, and use the Share button to cull my favorite
images for passing the camera around for viewing.

I don't know. Other than the LCD, there's nothing exciting about it,
and it eliminates that handy grip. It'll take a lot more than this to
pry the 7440 out of my mitts!

> http://www.kodak.com/go/easyshare-one

> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company

January 7, 2005 6:22:42 AM

I'm glad to know you welcoms spam - it gives me a good reason to killfile
you and a few other brain dead fools.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

"Jim Redelfs" <jim.redelfs@redelfs.com> wrote in message
> In article <_kmDd.46559$da1.7267@fe05.lga>, Ron Hunter
<rphunter@charter.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Don't you think you are being a bit harsh.
>
> I thought the same thing.
>
> Assuming the Kodak poster is legitimate, it is a rare thing indeed that a
> company representative has the NERVE to actually post on usenet. I have
read
> some of his other posts and recall they were helpful - IOW, not all
> advertisements.
>
> I was rather frustrated to see the guy flamed so vehemently. Yeah, yeah,
he
> touted a commercial product but, IMHO, did it very nicely without a lot of
> wasted bandwidth (a link instead of in-line features, etc)
>
> I wish other companies would be a little more "visible" here. However,
> considering the rather outrageous "flipping burgers" follow-up/flaming of
this
> poster, I'm not surprised they aren't.
>
> We can endure an interminable OFF-TOPIC thread [meaning of life] (Horrible
> Tsunami Pics) and top/bottom post thread, not to mention the usual spam,
but
> let someone foolish enough to use a real log-in and post a single page
mention
> of a commercial product and BAM! Flame City. It's sad.
>
> :(
> JR
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:22:43 AM

Tony wrote:
> I'm glad to know you welcoms spam - it gives me a good reason to killfile
> you and a few other brain dead fools.

Good, please add me to your list. Thanks.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 7:30:03 AM

Tony wrote:
> I'm glad to know you welcoms spam - it gives me a good reason to killfile
> you and a few other brain dead fools.

You'll quickly run out of people to speak to.

My Digital World:
Kodak DX6490, Canon i9950, Pioneer A05;
Hitachi 37" HD plasma display, DGTEC 2000A,
Denon 2800, H/K AVR4500, Whatmough Encore;
Sony Ericsson K700i, Palm Tungsten T.

Disclaimer:
given nor endorsed by it.
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 11:38:43 AM

"Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> Just wanted to share some information about a new digital camera release
> from Kodak. The URL below will give you a full set of details and
> information about this camera. I have had the chance to review it and
work
> with it a bit. I am sure that when it hits the stores you are going to
love
> it. Quite innovative and fun to use. Check it out! I am here if you
have
> any questions.
>
> http://www.kodak.com/go/easyshare-one
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company

The website says it will be available in June!
The world of technology will have moved on so far in the next 6 months that
this will be decidedly old hat by then.
Or is Kodak aware that another company will come out with real
groundbreaking products and wants to sell us this camera on a promise before
we become aware we have been had?

Gerrit
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:44:35 PM

Looks nice. 640x480 at 30? Don't believe it.
Post a link.
(Stereo sound?)

ps - you're not out-of-line. You participate. An occasional
detour in commerce doesn't hurt anyone. It makes the world
go round.
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:47:17 PM

Too bad - no AA - but I guess it's the new way.
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:48:27 PM

You are a bit. I hope you're a young one. Lord .. if you're 30!
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 9:25:30 PM

hfs2@yahoo.com wrote:
> Too bad - no AA - but I guess it's the new way.

There are several advantages to Lithium Ion batteries, such as light
weight, high power density (means smaller batteries), and they are
usually proprietary which locks you into the manufacturer's batteries
(another revenue stream), and their charger. I still prefer AA NIMH
batteries.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 9:38:02 PM

Greetings All,

Guess I stepped out of line here a bit. What was I thinking?

Truly, my intent was to let everyone know about something new. But, for
those I stepped on, I apologize. I will keep your thoughts in mind in the
future. My real goal here is to help those that have decided to buy Kodak,
or have an interest in digital imaging, or that have some problem, Kodak or
not.

As to choosing cameras, I generally comment only if there is a request or a
reason. I have stated many times that the best way to choose a camera is to
try it out if possible and to consider all the facts, i.e. what kind of
photographer are you, how much money you are going to spend, How does it
feel, what features do you think you will need or use, etc.

Regardless, I accept your thoughts and will keep them in mind in the future.

Talk to you all soon.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> Just wanted to share some information about a new digital camera release
> from Kodak. The URL below will give you a full set of details and
> information about this camera. I have had the chance to review it and
work
> with it a bit. I am sure that when it hits the stores you are going to
love
> it. Quite innovative and fun to use. Check it out! I am here if you
have
> any questions.
>
> http://www.kodak.com/go/easyshare-one
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company

Anonymous
January 7, 2005 9:38:03 PM

Ron you didn't do anything out of line. I grant this
obligated by position and the lowest common - I count two. Too bad.

What's up with this Tony guy?

What's the internet scale? I see "egregious abuse" alot.
How serious is egregious? 1 - 10? 10 is the worst.
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 5:04:25 AM

On 7 Jan 2005 16:08:51 -0800, hfs2@yahoo.com wrote:

>Ron you didn't do anything out of line. I grant this
>obligated by position and the lowest common - I count two. Too bad.
>
>What's up with this Tony guy?

Tony who? Kill filtered. Plonk!

I never gave Ron Baird's heads up about Kodak's newest camera a second
thought and any news about their products is fine by me.

In fact, news about any new digital camera is fine by me from whatever
source unless it's blatant Spam. Like many others in here I'd like to
see more camera makers offer their assistance in rec.photo.digital.

Everyone knows Ron is a Kodak rep and a his post was not out of line
in my books.

Ron is always courteous and very helpful. True to form this sentence
tells the tale, "I am here if you have any questions." Nothing wrong
with that.

Hap
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 5:21:56 AM

Agree with this poster.
Nice to see a "brand" rep frequently participating in this newsgroup.All you
naysayers....why don't you take off (you know who you are) URL links in your
sig??!!

- my 2 cents....

Hi...

> I'll apologize too, as I stick in my 2 cents worth...
>
> Kodak is, one way or another, paying the salary that puts
> bread on his table...
>
> Having said that, he is very helpful to the Kodak users
> among us; while I very much doubt that the majority of us
> will be of much help to him - given the resources almost
> certainly at his disposal. Therefore he isn't reading
> this group for his entertainment or gain, and may not
> be here were it not for Kodak's part in it.
>
> I'm suggesting that it's worth considering letting
> Ron/Kodak do a bit of promoting in return for the
> considerable help.
>
> I know I'd love it if an Olympus pro would join us;
> and hate it if the rest chased him away.
>
> If I have a vote, I'll vote that we offer him and
> Kodak a group apology for the "attack"; hope he/they
> accept it and stick around - with the occasional promo.
>
> Take care.
>
> Ken

Anonymous
January 8, 2005 5:56:37 AM

hfs2@yahoo.com wrote:
> Ron you didn't do anything out of line. I grant this
> obligated by position and the lowest common - I count two. Too bad.
>
> What's up with this Tony guy?
>
> What's the internet scale? I see "egregious abuse" alot.
> How serious is egregious? 1 - 10? 10 is the worst.

I would say Ron's transgression was a 1 or 2. I suspect I have done
worse, without comment by anyone. The problem is that Kodak just isn't
held in high regard by many of the posters here, and they won't miss an
opportunity to impune the motives of the company. Perhaps is ANY other
company had representatives available to help its customers on here, I
would feel more sympathetic toward those Kodak detractors.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
January 8, 2005 12:15:02 PM

> Greetings All,
>
> Guess I stepped out of line here a bit. What was I thinking?
>
> Truly, my intent was to let everyone know about something new. But, for
> those I stepped on, I apologize. I will keep your thoughts in mind in the
> future. My real goal here is to help those that have decided to buy
> Kodak,
> or have an interest in digital imaging, or that have some problem, Kodak
> or
> not.
>
> As to choosing cameras, I generally comment only if there is a request or
> reason. I have stated many times that the best way to choose a camera is
> try it out if possible and to consider all the facts, i.e. what kind of
> photographer are you, how much money you are going to spend, How does it
> feel, what features do you think you will need or use, etc.
>
> Regardless, I accept your thoughts and will keep them in mind in the
> future.
>
> Talk to you all soon.
>
> Ron Baird
> Eastman Kodak Company
>

> "Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> wrote in message
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> Just wanted to share some information about a new digital camera release
>> from Kodak. The URL below will give you a full set of details and
>> information about this camera. I have had the chance to review it and
> work
>> with it a bit. I am sure that when it hits the stores you are going to
> love
>> it. Quite innovative and fun to use. Check it out! I am here if you
> have
>> any questions.
>>
>> http://www.kodak.com/go/easyshare-one
>>
>> Ron Baird
>> Eastman Kodak Company

Ron:

I have used your involvement here as an example of how a corporation can use
the internet to their benefit in customer relations, don't let a few people
get to you, I look forward to your posts.

Keep up the good work, thanks
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 7:07:17 AM

justa note from a kodak user, thanks ive gathered a lot of info from you guys,
one of the reasons i bought my camera was the level of suport here for kodak
try e mailing minolta with a question. again thanks
remove no spam to e mail
!