Kelsey-ToB mod: Kelsey's family if *not* romancing him?

SPOILER SPACE:

Do you ever get to meet Kelvim a second time, or indeed Mirena? I
met them once in Saradush - the town which is, of course, now
destroyed. Do we ever find out whether they escaped, or did they die
in the ruins?

And then, in Amkethran, I run into a guy called Rlaash. The
conversation that actually goes on after that makes it look like what
I've actually seen is parts 1 and 3 of a story with part 2 missing
(or, at least, an explanation of how we get "here" from "there"):
because from the conversation it looks like Kelsey was *expecting* to
meet Rlaash and Uncle Birinar there, or at least showed no surprise of
the "ah, so it's *here* that he ended up" kind: and I wasn't expecting
anything of the sort, as Amkethran was never mentioned in the one and
only conversation Kelsey had with his relatives, nor any subsequent
conversation with me.
And I've been through the *entirety* of Watcher's Keep as well as
going through the whole farrago of killing Gromnir and Yaga-Shura,
since that conversation, and done every possible quest in between then
and the arrival at Amkethran, and no conversation has happened to fill
in the gap...

(Oh by the way my character is romancing Anomen this game -
Kelsey's after Imoen. Does he have a thing about Bhaalspawns or
something? Just as well Yaga-Shura isn't in the party... ;-)

Oh, and what if anything happens to Birinar after Kelsey tells
him to get lost? Do we encounter him again, or is he as much a coward
as he is a bully? Or would that be a spoiler?

Jonathan.

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> SPOILER SPACE:
>
> 10
>
> 9
>
> 8
>
> 7
>
> 6
>
> 5
>
> 4
>
> 3
>
> 2
>
> 1
>
> 0
>
> Do you ever get to meet Kelvim a second time, or indeed Mirena? I
> met them once in Saradush - the town which is, of course, now
> destroyed. Do we ever find out whether they escaped, or did they die
> in the ruins?
>
> And then, in Amkethran, I run into a guy called Rlaash. The
> conversation that actually goes on after that makes it look like what
> I've actually seen is parts 1 and 3 of a story with part 2 missing
> (or, at least, an explanation of how we get "here" from "there"):
> because from the conversation it looks like Kelsey was *expecting* to
> meet Rlaash and Uncle Birinar there,

Kelvim said Uncle Birinar is in the Saradush area; Kelsey is,
accordingly, not surprised to find him in the area.

> Oh, and what if anything happens to Birinar after Kelsey tells
> him to get lost? Do we encounter him again, or is he as much a coward
> as he is a bully? Or would that be a spoiler?

Spoiler...keep playing, and you'll see.

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
> > SPOILER SPACE:
> >
> > 10
> >
> > 9
> >
> > 8
> >
> > 7
> >
> > 6
> >
> > 5
> >
> > 4
> >
> > 3
> >
> > 2
> >
> > 1
> >
> > 0
> >
> > Do you ever get to meet Kelvim a second time, or indeed
Mirena? I
> > met them once in Saradush - the town which is, of course, now
> > destroyed. Do we ever find out whether they escaped, or did they
die
> > in the ruins?
> >
> > And then, in Amkethran, I run into a guy called Rlaash. The
> > conversation that actually goes on after that makes it look like
what
> > I've actually seen is parts 1 and 3 of a story with part 2 missing
> > (or, at least, an explanation of how we get "here" from "there"):
> > because from the conversation it looks like Kelsey was *expecting*
> > meet Rlaash and Uncle Birinar there,
>
> Kelvim said Uncle Birinar is in the Saradush area; Kelsey is,
> accordingly, not surprised to find him in the area.
>
> > Oh, and what if anything happens to Birinar after Kelsey
tells
> > him to get lost? Do we encounter him again, or is he as much a
coward
> > as he is a bully? Or would that be a spoiler?
>
> Spoiler...keep playing, and you'll see.

Well, I did keep playing, and there was no further encounter with
Birinar at all, although there was one conversation with Kelsey about
him and his mother.

I've now finished the game. There was a minor reference to Birinar in
the epilogue. I never heard anything more of it, and didn't see any
evidence as to whether Kelvim and/or Mirena had survived the siege of
Saradush or not.

Jonathan.