Adding new maps to Unreal 2004 server

Ok. I give up. After working 4 hours on trying to make my server see
new maps and only screwing it up worse the more I tried, I'm forced
to ask.

How do I make the server see new onslaught maps? Do I add them in the
UT2004.ini file? If so, under what heading? Do I just need the maps
or do I need staticmeshes, etc? (I don't know what any of those are
but am learning.)

Thanks.

Meltdown

tommy enlightened us with:
> How do I make the server see new onslaught maps?

Add them to the UT2004.ini file.

> Do I add them in the UT2004.ini file?

Yes.

> If so, under what heading?

The appropriate one. For Onslaught it's the kinda obvious
[Onslaught.ONSMapListOnslaught]

> Do I just need the maps or do I need staticmeshes, etc?

You need all that is required for the map. You should have gotten these
from where you downloaded them.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

Ok, didn't work as easily as I had hoped. Added the maplist as
follows to my UT2004.INI file with all these files being in my maps
directory (that's were I copied the names from):

[Onslaught.ONSMapListOnslaught]
Maps=ONS-AlbatrossSanctuary
Maps=ONS-ArcticStronghold
Maps=ONS-Aridoom
Maps=ONS-Ascedancy
Maps=ONS-Ascendancy
Maps=ONS-AW-ArcticBattlefield
Maps=ONS-Cancer_Sticks
Maps=ONS-Crossfire
Maps=ONS-DarkCounterStrike
Maps=ONS-Dawn
Maps=ONS-DeathGorge
Maps=ONS-Dria
Maps=ONS-FrostBite
Maps=ONS-Icarus
Maps=ONS-JungleHill2
Maps=ONS-NaliCanyon
Maps=ONS-Nevermore
Maps=ONS-Primeval
Maps=ONS-RedPlanet
Maps=ONS-Severance
Maps=ONS-TankWars
Maps=ONS-Torlan-[PhoenixParadise]
Maps=ONS-Torlan

When I successfully switch to gametype Onslaught on my Web Admin, it
gives me ****none***** for maps on Onslaught. The server displays the
following information after I attempt that:

C:\UT2004\System>ucc server
Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Global MD5: [3986c4774f86cab155ff9f5432b89282]
Browse: NvidiaLogo.ut2?Name=Player?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Jakob?team=255
Collecting garbage
Purging garbage
Garbage: objects: 20270->20269; refs: 198157
Game class is 'CinematicGame'
Bringing Level NvidiaLogo.myLevel up for play (20) appSeconds:
7.040000...
(Karma): Autodetecting CPU for SSE
(Karma): Using x86 Optimizations
Kick and Ban Privileges Loaded
Maps & Game Privileges Loaded
Admins & Groups Management Loaded
Extra Privileges Loaded
GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
MasterServerUplink: DoUplink is False, not connecting to Epic master
server
xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on Port 80
xWebQueryCurrent Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryCurrent (Function
xWebAdmin.xWeb
QueryCurrent.QueryCurrentGame:0311) Accessed None 'MaplistHandler'
xWebQueryCurrent Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryCurrent (Function
xWebAdmin.xWeb
QueryCurrent.QueryCurrentGame:0378) Accessed None 'MaplistHandler'
UTServerAdmin Package.UTServerAdmin (Function
xWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin.ReloadIncl
udeMaps:002D) Accessed None 'MaplistHandler'
[...]

Please advise.

Meltdown

tommy enlightened us with:
> When I successfully switch to gametype Onslaught on my Web Admin, it
> gives me ****none***** for maps on Onslaught. The server displays the
> following information after I attempt that:

Try removing maps one by one from the map list. Perhaps that'll give an
indication to which entry is causing the errors.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

TRENDING THREADS