GPU Took a dump? :[

LowNSlowIan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Hey guys, so ive had my Asus g50v for nearly 3 years now and initially it ran pretty good, smooth and on high settings for several games. But a little bit before SC2 came out it started not to do so good, it has an Nvidia 9700m GT in it and it should run on at least Medium right? if not better? But sadly im skipping fairly bad on just LOW :/ Its pretty annoying having something that should handle more but cant/wont. Any advice? I've updated the driver, even restored the whole thing just in case it was a virus and still no luck :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated, im not too computer savvy.

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Try updating your drivers, I don't really having frame skipping even I'm playing on my work pc using HD4200 IGP on 1920x1080.
Or insufficient Memory issue, from what I know is original windows that comes with laptop are packed with loads of crap which is useless to user and that eats up loads of ram, try uninstalling those that are useless to you.
Also try hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to see under process column to see is there a lot of stuff running background.