Sign in with
Your question

[Solved] Samsung 840 Pro sleep/shut-down problems

Last response: in Storage
January 10, 2013 1:49:30 PM

Hey all, I installed a Samsung 840 SSD into my PC with an ASRock P67 Extreme4 running Win8 and I'm having some problems with sleep and shutdown that I can't figure out.

When I try putting the PC to sleep everything will shut down, but the fans will continue to spin and the power led's will stay on. The computer also won't wake by pressing on the keyboard or moving the mouse, I have to press and hold the power button to shut down the PC then turn it back on. If I turn off Suspend to RAM in BIOS, the computer will wake but the fans will still spin and the power led's still stay on.

The same thing happens with the fans and power LED's when I try to shut down the PC, turning fast boot on and off didn't have any effect.

I'm pretty much at a loss and if anyone has any ideas on what I can do to fix this it would be much appreciated, TIA.
January 11, 2013 9:15:39 AM

Well, after scouring the internet, I came across a suggestion to simply reset the CMOS and it worked!

I really don't understand why, since I just put all the BIOS settings back to where they were before they were reset, but that's the way it goes I guess.
!