Asus motherboard vga is out

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
October 1, 2010 1:13:11 PM

hi,

i`m fawad i`ve bought a new pc including asus motherboard p6t deluxe v2,
but i`m i Pakistan and unfortunately, there is a big shortage of electricity.

few days back the electricity is suddenly unplluged and after it was available i
tried to put on my pc but i`ve found that my pc was not displaying, means everything was
on even the motherboard but vga was out.

vendors told me to avoid electic failure shock for the pc, waht should i do now to avoid such a condition.

pleasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse help me.

i`m in a big trouble.

More about : asus motherboard vga

a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
October 1, 2010 5:02:59 PM

A good surge suppressor will prevent damage to a PC from power overloads.

An uninterruptable power supply (UPS) will prevent damage from brownouts (brief low power spikes) and give you time to shut down safely in case of complete power failure.

Both are fairly cheap in the US.

Unfortunately nothing is going to help you if your PC parts are already damaged by bad power.
m
l
October 5, 2010 1:28:49 PM

dndhatcher said:
A good surge suppressor will prevent damage to a PC from power overloads.

An uninterruptable power supply (UPS) will prevent damage from brownouts (brief low power spikes) and give you time to shut down safely in case of complete power failure.

Both are fairly cheap in the US.

Unfortunately nothing is going to help you if your PC parts are already damaged by bad power.

question:
thank you very much bro ! but i have another question regarding my problem for the board, and is that i have a ups of 750 watts and is giving a voltage supply of 240-245 volts, however i have a power supply of cooler master of 600v,

actually my question is that power supply needs a 230 volts not more than that and ups is giving me 245 volts. can it also cause a interupption for my pc.

i will be very thankful to u if u reply me again for this. thanks in advance
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2010 4:16:14 PM

In the US we use 120V with +/- 5% tolerance (so 114-126Volts). I dont know what tolerance is where you live.

Power is standard so your UPS should output about the same as your wall. I would think voltage too high could cause problems. You could easily get a cheap surge supressor and try that to see if your UPS is malfunctioning.
m
l
October 5, 2010 5:53:37 PM

dndhatcher said:
In the US we use 120V with +/- 5% tolerance (so 114-126Volts). I dont know what tolerance is where you live.

Power is standard so your UPS should output about the same as your wall. I would think voltage too high could cause problems. You could easily get a cheap surge supressor and try that to see if your UPS is malfunctioning.

Well I`m Living in Pakistan, here i haven`t seen 120 V of supply anywhere, anyhow thanks man can you give me your email address so i might be able to contact you, if i`m in any of the other trouble.
m
l
!