8800 GTS - I need a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLDigital

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
Hi, all. After trolling the site every day, I decided to join, finally. I need a bit of an advice. I have a 2 year old rig and running pretty sweet.I plan on building a new system maybe sometime this winter. My current rig:

Athlon X2 4400+ Overclocked
4 GB DDR2
500 GB SATA HDD
8800 GTS- 320MB Video Card
Win 7 Ultimate
Im on a very limited budget right now, but I want to see if I can find a video card to replace mine for under 100$. I am happy with the 9800, but I can feel the size of the memory is really affecting performance in games.With the EPIC fall and winter in gaming this year, I need something with 1GB or more. Ive been looking at some HD 5550 for under 100$, but Im not sure it would perform any better. The Video card i will keep when building the new rig, but I want an early start and to breathe a lil more life into my aging system.
Is there any video card you guys would recommend that would give me better performance than my 8800 for under 100$?

Thank you

Solution
And also it is giving you dx 11 support that is more future proof ,if you want to get the dx 11 support from nvidia you have to chose gtx 400 series and that's way costlier then your budget.

VLDigital

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
Thank u, rocky41

Yeah, I was looking at some charts about the HD 5*** series and couldnt decide, wasnt able to compare side by side with my current since they're different generations. Anything out there from Nvidia, in that price range? Just asking, Ive been looking forward into trying an ATI card, since my last 4 were NVidia.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I will tell about nvidia cards ,they are over priced and anything compared to this hd 5670 on nvidia will be costlier ...and hd 5670 from ati is really a great card uses less power and gives you an ultimate performance.Anything compared to this card under 100$ range i will not recommend from nvidia.

rocky41

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
And also it is giving you dx 11 support that is more future proof ,if you want to get the dx 11 support from nvidia you have to chose gtx 400 series and that's way costlier then your budget.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.