JamesJ

Hi. I have 2 hard drives. C: is a 40 gb ntfs and has my default operating
system
Windowsxp Home Edition. D: is a 12 gb fat.
The other day I was unable to start windows caused by I believe third-
party software that I might have miss-configured. Anyway, when I
finally got back up and running I began considering installing xp on D: in
case this happens again. I have a few questions.
Is this a good thing to do??
Do I need to install my ant-virus and firewall software on that drive even
though
this software is on C:??
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
James

James, if you install WinXP Home on D: you will still need to reinstall
your antivirus software and any other software you are
using. You could try a dual boot with the C: Drive connected. Start the
install from C: and choose D: as the OS destination.
or you can install XP on D: with C: disconnected and use the Bios as a
bootloader. You can change the order boot devices
there. So for example, you could have A, Cdrom, C and D or A, Cdrom,
D and C or any combination of those four.
"JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message
> Hi. I have 2 hard drives. C: is a 40 gb ntfs and has my default operating
> system
> Windowsxp Home Edition. D: is a 12 gb fat.
> The other day I was unable to start windows caused by I believe third-
> party software that I might have miss-configured. Anyway, when I
> finally got back up and running I began considering installing xp on D: in
> case this happens again. I have a few questions.
> Is this a good thing to do??
> Do I need to install my ant-virus and firewall software on that drive even
> though
> this software is on C:??
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,