tuned

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Ok so i upgraded my memory from 2GB 800Mhz DDR2 to 2x 2GB 1333Mhz DDR3(Patriot Viper2 Sector5). I have Gigabyte P35C-DS3R mobo. Curently i have XP 32bit but i will install win7 64 bit, just as i know memory is set up corectly.
So now im a little bit concered if my memory is corectly set up, in cpu-z it says:
cpuzvi.png
unledwnm.png

Does the memory needs to be configured because it says DRAM Fequency: 533.4Mhz, it should be 1333MHz. And the voltage i dont think it is allright :??:

Please help.

tuned

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
maybe i need to update bios, i have F2 version. Maybe it is the "High Speed DRAM DDL Settings: [Option 1] or [Option 2]"

never seen High Speed DRAM DDL Settings in a bios before so dont think its that one--shouldnt need a bios update to change memory settings--the option should be in there somewhere--usually you find it by selecting the auto option then pressing enter to see the other options--ie manual and xmp

would have thought system memory multiplier possibly--though have a look in integrated peripherals in case the chipset is covered in that

just remembered some older gigabyte boards hide the advanced memory timings--not sure about yours--pressing something like f8 or ctrl and f8 brought up a section that was hidden

tuned

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
f8 goes to Q flash, ctr+f8 did nothing. I changed system memory multiplier form "normal" to "4.0" (Options are from 2.40-4.0+) And then the memory frequency was 1333Mhz. is that ok?. If i then changed anything is system voltage control it says that voltage needs to be optimized.

tuned

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
yes i just found the manual and looked and ctrl+f1 is for advanced options. Though there is no option for XMP profile, and i dont have the new tab fo "Top preformance", only some new settings for timings which are corectly given to 7-7-7-20.
26082011032.jpg
So far i have only changed system memory multiplier to 4.00(1333Mhz). BUT in "pc health status" it says that DDR voltage is "fail", incorrect.

and CPU-Z says that timings are like this, when bios says that they are 7-7-7-20
unled2fc.png

I am realy confused :sweat:

tuned

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
what if i would set up ram setings with Gigabyte EasyTune 5 Pro? it has options for ram frequency and voltage.

you can do it with easytune--but on my board it never loads the settings after the pc restarts so i only use it to test overclocking then set the values in the bios

i am using easytune 6 but dont know if your board supports version 6

Lonerski

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Gigabyte P35c-DS3R DDR3 default voltage is 1.5V (go to gigabyte product page to check specs).
JEDEC recomends 1.5V.
XMP allows more or less safely (Idon't know) to automatically adjust some settings like timings AND voltage).

What I know as well is that some RAM maunfacturers sell their RAM as tested for some given timings at 1.65V (going manual for it or using XMP).

So the point is that your RAM is supposed to still be at 1.5V is you haven't changed the voltage increments while the timings you used maybe requires you to increase it.
Badly, CPU-Z doesn't show RAM voltages.

Hope that helps.