Altec Lansing VS2521; No Audio Through Subwoofer

zecul505

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Hello,

I recently bought an Altec Lansing VS2521 2.1 setup from Tiger Direct and am not receiving any signal to the subwoofer. The satellites play and test fine, but the subwoofer is silent and doesn't pick up any test tones from the OS or Audio Manager. I've tried rolling back driver versions with no success. All power is routed through the sub (right satellite joins subwoofer) and is connected to the system through the green input, so I don't think the unit is defective.

Sound card: Realtek HD Audio (Onboard)

zecul505

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
Hi,

My speaker setup doesn't have an independent subwoofer connection. The subwoofer feeds power to the right satellite through a 9 pin mini DIN cable, which is why I figure the unit is working as the satellites work well. The only connectors on the sub are the power cable to the wall socket and the mini DIN to the right satellite.

Thanks

* Edit:

2.1 isn't a default option on my setup. Realtek HD Audio Manager also doesn't show my subwoofer on the 2/2.1 channel option:

sub1r.jpg

sub2l.jpg

Psychoteddy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

Well the problem here is that the sound card you have outputs high frequencies to the green channel because it thinks it's running in some sort of surround sound mode. Try changing the setting to something like "heaphones" and see if that works. Also, make sure your speakers are plugged into the GREEN port on your soundcard. :)

OR

Try plugging the speakers into the heaphone jack on the front of your computer.

Latest posts