Closed Solved

5850 initial setup

Hey, I just got my EAH5850 a couple minutes ago, and I installed all the drivers, but it doesn't have 2 DVI outputs... so, I used it's hdmi to dvi and from that I connected the dvi to vga adapter... the monitor hooked up to it will not be detected or turn on... is it the adapters? Or the card?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5850 initial setup
  1. do you see both screens in CCC? Did you make sure the PC was turned off prior to connecting that second screen?
  2. the screens are not in ccc and the rig was turned off... I think it's just the abundance of adapters... what about you?
  3. I am using a 24" as the primary via HDMI and a secondary 22" via DVI and have no issues whatsoever.
  4. yes, but do you think that the mix of the hdmi to dvi with the vga is causing these problems? like the number of adapters?
  5. Best answer
    Martin 71 said:
    yes, but do you think that the mix of the hdmi to dvi with the vga is causing these problems? like the number of adapters?

yes, you either have to use DVI to HDMI or vice versa but you cannot have 2 adapters going to a single screen.
  6. okay. thanks. I was freaking out. This sucker took me a whole month to save up for.
  7. Best answer selected by Martin 71.
  8. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers DVI Graphics