Sign in with
Your question

RAID questions

Last response: in Storage
January 11, 2013 2:29:03 AM

Hello,

I have 3 hard drives, I have my OS installed on the first one, and the other 2 drives are blank. I want to put the drives 2 and 3 into a RAID 0 array, it says in my motherboard manual that I need to put the SATA controller mode into RAID. It is currently in AHCI. Will changing the SATA controller mode to RAID affect the first drive? (i.e will I lose the data stored on it?) Also, when I put drives 2 and 3 into a RAID 0 array, will I lose data on the first drive?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

More about : raid questions

a c 542 G Storage
January 11, 2013 2:57:57 AM

elo_86 said:
It is currently in AHCI. Will changing the SATA controller mode to RAID affect the first drive? (i.e will I lose the data stored on it?)

No, you won't have any problems changing to RAID mode if you are currently in AHCI mode.

Also, when I put drives 2 and 3 into a RAID 0 array, will I lose data on the first drive? said:
Also, when I put drives 2 and 3 into a RAID 0 array, will I lose data on the first drive?

Only if you select it to be part of your RAID-0 array. When creating a RAID array you have to select which drives are going to be members of the array.
m
l
!