Switching one MB for another MB

Solution
The only difference there is the bios version as I see it, just update the bios,
unless you are needing to replace the Mobo due to death,
in which case yes,
although a fresh windows install may be needed, probably not though as same Mobo
**Edit, you posted as I did hehe, same answer though :) install, update bios, done
Moto
The only difference there is the bios version as I see it, just update the bios,
unless you are needing to replace the Mobo due to death,
in which case yes,
although a fresh windows install may be needed, probably not though as same Mobo
**Edit, you posted as I did hehe, same answer though :) install, update bios, done
Moto

Solution

big_yellek

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I'm new and a little lost here. I got Emachine from my sister after it was hit by lightining and need to replace the MB. I'm hoping a MCP61PM-GM rev. 2.4 MB will work. It looks just like the MCP61PM-GM rev. 2.2. I do have some worries about the bios.

big_yellek

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

Thank you for your reply.

I'm hoping the version of windows 7 P. home on the HD will work. Right now I have a 7 yrs old Dell that's showing it age. I'ld like fix the Emachine cheaply.

big_yellek

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

Thank you for your reply. I hope you're right I about ready to buy a new MB.
again thanks for the help.

big_yellek

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

I put a good PS in it still didn't do a thing so, then I put the new MB and it works I'm going try the original PS.

big_yellek

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

I just wanted to let know that the new motherboard worked fine with OS and the BIOS worked with the PC. The cheapest desktop I ever got, $79.90

Thank you so much for you help,
Kelley