Sign in with
Your question

Monitor not showing anything after adding Video Card.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 20, 2010 12:19:12 AM

So, decided to put in a video card from a different computer into this one, also put in a new PSU so it could power it, when I plugged both in and powered it, monitor didn't show anything with everything plugged in firmly, (by the way, I have a onboard graphics card). Then I was told I needed to set BIOS to except a non-integrated card, so I took out the video card and put in the old PSU, monitor still didn't show anything, put in the new PSU, and now the monitor is showing a screen with small yellow and green rectangles, lines every inch or so, and a blue-ish background, which is shaking, kind of like a TV when the satellite goes out. Does anyone know whats wrong and how I can fix it?

Tried a new wire/monitor and it still showed the screen, so its not the wire or monitor thats doing it.
a c 201 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2010 12:35:22 AM

What are you systems specs? What motherboard do you have? What graphics card did you put in? What are the two power supplies you tried using. When you had the graphics card plugged in where did you have your monitor plugged into?
m
l
August 20, 2010 12:41:48 AM

Window's XP 32-bit
RC410-M Motherboard
NVidia GeForce 9500 GT
Old power supply - Bestec ATX-300-12Z 300W
New power supply - LS ULT-LS5000P 500W
I had my monitor plugged in to the graphics card, not the motherboard.
m
l
August 20, 2010 1:58:29 AM

Does anyone have an answer? I would really like to get my computer working again.
m
l
!