Solution
Good Deal for a "Home / General Office PC"

Bad Deal for a "Gaming PC", as the PSU is suspect and case cooling is questionable. I wouldn't trust a new gaming system with the PSU in that case. You don't want to skimp on quality for cost. You want to stick with trusted brands like SeaSonic, Corsair, XFX...

tecmo34

Administrator
Good Deal for a "Home / General Office PC"

Bad Deal for a "Gaming PC", as the PSU is suspect and case cooling is questionable. I wouldn't trust a new gaming system with the PSU in that case. You don't want to skimp on quality for cost. You want to stick with trusted brands like SeaSonic, Corsair, XFX...

Solution

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Alright thanks. Im actually looking for a case without a psu. My thought with the other was once i get the case, strip that psu out of the case and it could go towards another psu. Im buying a 500w 7x12v rail gaming psu from my friend for $40. He ran his rig with it that had a 5770, quad core, and 4 gb ram with it no problem, so a case without a psu in it would be ideal. Thanks for the help.

jrwizbang

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010

Thats what he told me, ive seen it, and didnt know for sure anything about it, except that it is 500w. Could you recommend a good psu for around $50?