danielj6

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
This is driving me up the wall because I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. Every single thing I try to stream to my computer comes across choppy, and by this I mean the video stutters and pauses while the audio just continues like normal. It never used to have this problem but it has been doing it for months now. I have tried every easy thing I can think of like updating video drivers and such. I have a Toshiba laptop with AMD Turion X2 at 2.1, 4 gigs of ram, radeon 3100, and am running Vista 64 bit. It's a bit frustrating when my girlfriends underpowered netbook can stream with no problems on my network and I can't even watch a movie trailer without ridiculous hiccups. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

danielj6

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
Fairly certain I don't have a virus, I have a firewall and regularly run virus scans on my computer. Overheating could be an issue, but it starts doing it the moment the computer is turned on, while the thing is still cool as the other side of the pillow. Any other ideas? Anyone?