Sign in with
Your question
Closed

About to buy like right now!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 20, 2010 7:40:06 AM

Ok so Like the day I got married...Im nervous. I am buying my 3 GTX 480's that I have wanted for EVER in about an hour unless anyone has something to say to save me from a mistake. I want to play in 3D on 3 monitors and I want to make sure this is the right decision. Any last arguments before I hit the buy button on newegg? lol or forever hold your piece :D 

More about : buy

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 8:13:42 AM

we are talking about a lot of money here, and if this expensive buy is within your budget, then by all means!

I personallly played 3D on 3 monitors all supported by 3 x 480 GTX's and the experience was amazing!!

remember, the world is coming to an end on the 21 Dec 2012, live with no regrets and live your life to the extreme!!

enjoy!! (was just joking about the world coming to an end thing there!! but you know what i mean!!!)

Just my thought

Dane
August 20, 2010 8:21:45 AM

You made my day. Just bought them! Thanks for the push
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 8:32:59 AM

Quote:
u really believe in that BS news created to promote 2012 movie.

are you a religious man?

http://www.2012endofdays.org/more/Bible-Prophecy.php

Many people are discussing 2012 as the end of the world due to interpretations of predictions contained in the Mayan calendar. The Mayan civilization was extremely advanced in mathematics, engineering and astronomy. They also had an incredible understanding of time and space. Various calendars were in use to track time in linear progressions within cycles. The “Great Cycle” of the “Long Count” calendar equates to 5,125.36 years. The current Great Cycle is due to be completed on the winter solstice of 2012, December 21. So, it has been interpreted that on this day, the Great Cycle ends, time ends, so the Earth must end as well. However, there are different opinions on what this end date really means.

As mentioned, some believe cataclysmic events will take place in December 2012 with the ultimate destruction occurring on December 21, 2012. Others believe that the world will not end, but instead humanity will enter a new age, marked by significant changes physically and mentally.

Hopefully destruction will not occur and it will be just another day. Maybe there will be some cosmic transformation. Anything is possible and it makes for an interesting discussion none-the-less.

this is way off the OP, but just for argument sake!!

Score
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 9:26:07 AM

even though its only your opinion, i like it! or maybe we'll just have to see what happens in 2012.... can't wait!!!
Score
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 9:49:39 AM

I love all this stuff about the Mayans and their calander and ability to predict blah blah blah. They didn't see the Spanish coming, now did they? Just saying...
Score
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 10:08:46 AM

plastichairball said:
I love all this stuff about the Mayans and their calander and ability to predict blah blah blah. They didn't see the Spanish coming, now did they? Just saying...

ha ha true, was reading about that the other day, if they can predict the future, why couldn't they predict the onslaught in the middle 16th century!!

its all speculation, and luckily at Tom's we work on facts and testings!! not predictions!! :) 

anywho....
Score
a c 171 U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 10:16:20 AM

so how did it work out? did you end the world with the heat generated from your 3x480's? did your PSU explode??? jks of course. although maybe get a good air con for the room......
Score
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 10:19:57 AM

@ monstermankc : well its winter soon in the US, guessing you're from there, maybe use your pc as a heater!! just jokes!
Score
August 20, 2010 9:35:40 PM

Just bought them. I will let you guys know how it is when I receive my 3 gtx 480's and 3 Alienware 3d monitors next week. Like Totally
Score
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2010 1:24:29 PM

With the world coming to an end.....are the prices of 480/ 470 likely to drop?
Score
August 21, 2010 1:38:37 PM

3 480's and 3 3d ready monitors. where do you live? i need to rob you
Score
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2010 1:52:21 PM

Quote:
If manufractures would have started reducing prices of there product just becoz some mayans predicted that 2012 will be end of the world then all stock exchange around the world would have been shut down there would have been no world trade centre and most important no 9/11.

Ok, first of all......BREATHE!!

Secondly, it was a joke...good lord man! :o 

I guess I really should have added a smiley to the end of that post! :p 
Score
August 29, 2010 2:14:30 AM

Best answer selected by monstermankc.
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 29, 2010 11:28:08 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!