Question before buying nvidia 3d kit and 120hz monitor

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Hii

I have Samsung P2370MS monitor ,

I saw a guy selling used 3d nvidia kit with used Samsung 2233rz ,
I am thinking of buying this used bundle and selling my monitor to be able to buy the bundle (of course I will put more money but it is not a problem as it is not too much)

I asked a friend about that , he advised me not take this decision for these reasons

1-I have single GTX 470 , He said it is not enough to run nvidia 3d as the performance gets very low .
2-Samsung 2233rz is known for ghosting problem .
3-it doesn't support HDMI , He said You shouldn't sacrifice HDMI ,not to mention that 2233rz is only 22 inches unlike my monitor which is 23 .

These were his reasons , so I am confused guys , IS HE RIGHT ?

Please don't tell me to buy the acer 3d monitor as I can't afford it .

Thanks a lot

Dane Bouwer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
the samsung monitor comes out with a DVI connection (input signal), but all you need is a HDMI to DVI cable, which should be supplied with the monitor!!

another question, what is the reason why this guy is selling it? faulty? question his motives before making the deal!

Just my thought (if you need to purchase the DVI to HDMI cable, they aren't pricey, so don't worry in that instance)

Dane

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Will this cable give me the same amazing colors of HDMI ?
I have tried my monitor on dvi and hdmi and there was a great difference , HDMI colors are amazing .
Thanks Dane .

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Yes , I know that very well
but surprisingly , when I work with hdmi cable the monitor gives me mooooooore options to control color which I used to make the color amazing unlike when I USE DVI , the picture is clear but these options are closed so I can't control the colors the way I want.

I tried both DVI and HDMI , It's very obvious for every one who sees my monitor on both that there is a greaaaaaaaaaaaat difference due to unlocked options I told you about , You can say it becomes more like TV colors !

Dane Bouwer

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
alright, I've done more research, and the screen is only HDCP supported but won't give you the HD you really want and the 120hz refresh rate, recommended for 3D vision!

look at this option instead: clearly look at the specs and the HDMI and DVI supported options: Glasses also included in bundle

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236092&cm_re=120hz_lcd_monitor-_-24-236-092-_-Product

is this within your price range because i would definitely recommend this before the samsung!!

you want 3D vision, plus you want the clarity of HD viewing!!

Just my thought!

Dane

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
500$$$$ o_O
In my country it's sold for 650 $$ O-o
()
Actually there is also another option which is Acer's GD235HZ....but it is also around 650$$

Any way , this was the reason I looked for the used bundle with the samsung which will cost me If I sold my monitor >>>>>150$$.....Yes man , I can afford this!!!

I realized something 5 min ago ,
When I run the monitor on HDMI , The maximum refresh rate is only 60 although it supports 75 .Will this happen with 120hz monitor ?

Because if this happens this means I am gonna run it on DVI to get the 120 hz .
You understand what I mean ?

Right now , I can't afford both hdmi and 3d , so should I get the ghosting (they say !!) samsung which is affordable ?

AM right about that ?

r_Rozx

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
DANE !!
Read the feed back of asus monitor , people are complaining abot running it only with DVI-D not HDMI !!