G

hey guys, i was wondering if you could help me out...

i recently bought black ops for my pc. It ran fine with at least 30fps... but for some reason lately ive been getting 5fps.. 10 if im lucky? whats going on? im not too computer illiterate about this kind of stuff so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SPECS:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3ghz
2GB DDR2 Ram
Nvidia Geforce GT220 OC
160 GB HDD

G

i installed windows 7 about a week ago, and about 3 days ago was when these fps problems rose

Fresh OS installations means the PC is "light" and free from background resources running. As time goes by an OS bloats up and your combo isn't able to handle the extra load of the game+apps. That is my guess.

Do a virus check.

G

i've run a virus scan with AVG, results are negative, no viruses whatsoever. Honestly, i played modern warfare 2 very well, at least 30fps and the same with black ops, but suddently overnight the fps is just so bad...

Black OPS is no mean feat for a GPU. It puts many big cards to shame! Its quite badly coded and does have its issues with FPS.

Look at this:
http://www.techspot.com/review/346-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-570/page5.html

Test System Used:
- Intel Core i7 920 (Overclocked @ 3.70GHz)
- x3 2GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 (CAS 9-9-9-24)
- Asus P6T Deluxe (Intel X58)
- OCZ GameXStream (700W)
- Seagate 500GB 7200-RPM (Serial ATA300)

GTS450 gets 26 FPS. Now with that in mind, i would say it was a miracle that you got 30FPS in the first shot.
5FPS - 10FPS is just about right for a GT220.

Oh... one more thing, Also what resolution are you playing at?