What do I need for water cooling

Tex-Twil

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
Hi,
as I'm looking for a setup which is as silent as possible, I had a look at this card. I never did anything with water cooling and I guess that besides such a card, I'd need other things (pump, radiator, tubes ..) to set this up.

What exactly is needed ? Does a water cooling run without any fans ? That's what would particularly interest me because I want silence :)

cheers,
Tex

Solution
Water-cooling needs at least 2 fans for the radiator, more if you want to run a whole loop with GPU blocks, plus you get the sound of the pump, so its not close to silent as you think. There are external fan-less radiators available, but they are about the size if your case and cools pretty badly.

For low-noise, there are passive GPU/CPU cooler around, and extra quiet fans for sale.

Unless you're sure on what you're doing, Id refrain from a custom water loop as improper setup might damage your board. There are closed water loops for thr CPU/GPU though, but honestly you'd be better off with a air cooler, quiet fans and a fan controller.

Timop

Distinguished
Water-cooling needs at least 2 fans for the radiator, more if you want to run a whole loop with GPU blocks, plus you get the sound of the pump, so its not close to silent as you think. There are external fan-less radiators available, but they are about the size if your case and cools pretty badly.

For low-noise, there are passive GPU/CPU cooler around, and extra quiet fans for sale.

Unless you're sure on what you're doing, Id refrain from a custom water loop as improper setup might damage your board. There are closed water loops for thr CPU/GPU though, but honestly you'd be better off with a air cooler, quiet fans and a fan controller.

Solution