Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

HD 4870 1Gb , GTS 250 1 Gb or 8800 Ultra 768

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 20, 2010 10:52:55 AM

Hi Everybody! M new here n need some answer`s , actually m confused and need advise or suggestion too , my problem is graphic card i have HP DC 7600 system with 945 Board Intel inside Pentium D 3.4 Gh Pro , 2 Gb DDR2 Ram`s , 365 W PSU and Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 512 Mb video graphic card , the problem is as i told my graphic card when m playing heavy game`s for example Alien`s vs Predator`s 2010 game is crashing and hanging and making me so nervous by the way i want to change my card to better one a few one i have in mind but i really don`t know which one is better ( like when i got it i don`t think to change it for year or two or it depend on my money condition :)  so that`s why i want a good catch ;)  ) , they are ATI RADEON HD 4870 1Gb , Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 1 Gb and Nvidia Ge Force 8800 Ultra 768 mb if you ask me frankly i want to go for ATI RADEON HD 5770 1 Gb but i really wandering if i even can find it in used condition , to buy a new card right now the thing out of my pocket but those 3 card`s if i buy them second hand i can buy each of them approximately 115 $ in urgent , especially m interested in HD 4870 1 Gb very powerful card but what you guy`s suggest me . And there is another question if i buy one of those card`s changing my 365 W HP Branded PSU is really necessary ?! I appreciate any help and thanx in advance .
a c 130 U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 11:03:25 AM

You really need to stick to a lower power card if you dont want to change your PSU, Is your case a slimline one ? if it is then you are in need of a low profile card which will rule some out so can you let us know that first.

Mactronix
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 11:14:07 AM

The PSU isn't upto the mark for the two suggestible cards. GTS250 and HD4870. Although out of the three HD4870 is the best. If you are getting them for $115, why not HD5770 for $130?
Score
0
August 20, 2010 11:34:53 AM

Actually m not in USA so the price`s here high HD5770 is around 209 $ that`s why.
Score
0
August 20, 2010 12:59:26 PM

mactronix said:
You really need to stick to a lower power card if you dont want to change your PSU, Is your case a slimline one ? if it is then you are in need of a low profile card which will rule some out so can you let us know that first.

Mactronix


i will change my PSU if that is necessary , my case is big enough so i can put any
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 4:14:00 PM

You can also choose hd 5670 even it is really cool card uses less power and great performance.
Score
0
August 20, 2010 8:53:46 PM

rocky41 said:
You can also choose hd 5670 even it is really cool card uses less power and great performance.


it`s also not available in used condition ...
Score
0
August 20, 2010 9:01:32 PM

Quote:
4870 is best fom those 3 cards ...even it is higher than 5770 sometimes ...but 5770 is newer so ..why dont you go for UPDATED & new cards like that { i mean 5770 or higher } ?


as i told earlier i like 5770 but the main problem is cash $ ( not enough for a new one ) right now , sitting at home and praying to find a new job :) 
Score
0
August 20, 2010 10:05:27 PM

If you can change your PSU get a new one and get a 4870

Dont consider the 8800 or 250 if they are all the same price.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2010 10:14:34 PM

bek_x001 said:
it`s also not available in used condition ...


Its cheaper than the others you listed new (at least in the US). No need for a new power supply (more savings). Given your old Pentium D its about the most power card you should bother with (and even its going to bottleneck quite a lot on that). Aliens vs. Predator is most likely crashing because your PC is old in general and a new graphics card can't cure that.
Score
0
August 21, 2010 1:34:52 AM

jeffredo said:
Its cheaper than the others you listed new (at least in the US). No need for a new power supply (more savings). Given your old Pentium D its about the most power card you should bother with (and even its going to bottleneck quite a lot on that). Aliens vs. Predator is most likely crashing because your PC is old in general and a new graphics card can't cure that.


so you suggesting me to change my all system if i do not buy HD5670 ? Then give me a quick shot which one is better

HIS HD 5670 IceQ 512MB (128bit) GDDR5 PCIe (DirectX 11)
or
Radeon™ HD 5670 1024 MB DDR5 DisplayPort (HD-567X-ZNF3)

both price is same 129 $ each new one .
Score
0
August 21, 2010 1:38:43 AM

bruce555 said:
If you can change your PSU get a new one and get a 4870

Dont consider the 8800 or 250 if they are all the same price.



actually you right in second hand the price`s is same so 4870 will be a best choice maybe after changing PSU of course
Score
0

Best solution

August 21, 2010 4:28:35 AM

Just for ur information, ur MB have PCI slot 1.0 or 1.0a,
Ati 5000 series card got problems when u install on it, I tried to install xfx 5750 1G but failed it,never run for me :( 
I google a lot of times and post a lot of forum, people told me that 5000 series and PCI 2.1 card got problems when u instal them in 1.0 slot or 1.0a slot.
So just go to 4870 or gts 250, but u will need to change ur PSU
I got a MSI 4870 512mb running smoth with my D915gev MB.
I treid also 9800GTX+ also, both can run on my MB, since ur got a latest MB than, i think those video card work on me will be working for ur case also :) 
PSU, just simply get a 400w to 500w psu, of coz is the 12v rating wattage, look out for that part.
Share
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2010 5:20:13 AM

bek_x001 said:
so you suggesting me to change my all system if i do not buy HD5670 ? Then give me a quick shot which one is better

HIS HD 5670 IceQ 512MB (128bit) GDDR5 PCIe (DirectX 11)
or
Radeon™ HD 5670 1024 MB DDR5 DisplayPort (HD-567X-ZNF3)

both price is same 129 $ each new one .


I'm not suggesting anything. Actually, a 9500 GT is about the most it can handle without pretty severe bottlenecking. Its an old, weak CPU and thats whats holding you back in gaming more so than the 9500 GT you currently have. More money spent for a graphics card upgrade isn't going to help. Sorry.
Score
0
August 21, 2010 9:10:08 PM

jeffredo said:
I'm not suggesting anything. Actually, a 9500 GT is about the most it can handle without pretty severe bottlenecking. Its an old, weak CPU and thats whats holding you back in gaming more so than the 9500 GT you currently have. More money spent for a graphics card upgrade isn't going to help. Sorry.



yes , you right in this one holding an old CPU and spending money on a new card not going to solve the situation , thank`s , that wood help me a lot to make a decision .
Score
0
August 22, 2010 8:26:53 PM

lee-turbo said:
Just for ur information, ur MB have PCI slot 1.0 or 1.0a,
Ati 5000 series card got problems when u install on it, I tried to install xfx 5750 1G but failed it,never run for me :( 
I google a lot of times and post a lot of forum, people told me that 5000 series and PCI 2.1 card got problems when u instal them in 1.0 slot or 1.0a slot.
So just go to 4870 or gts 250, but u will need to change ur PSU
I got a MSI 4870 512mb running smoth with my D915gev MB.
I treid also 9800GTX+ also, both can run on my MB, since ur got a latest MB than, i think those video card work on me will be working for ur case also :) 
PSU, just simply get a 400w to 500w psu, of coz is the 12v rating wattage, look out for that part.


Very well , this answer what i was waiting for , you talking about you`r experience i appreciate that . Seem`s you tried those card`s and they run well on you`r MB that mean`s it will run on my MB too but what about latest games did you play latest game`s on those card`s without any problem`s like lagging , hanging , crashing whatever ... ? This part is actually important too or i will wait a little bit and go for changing my MB Vs Pro or maybe all system .
Score
0
August 25, 2010 1:45:51 AM

Best answer selected by bek_x001.
Score
0
August 25, 2010 1:57:47 AM

Thanks guys to all of you !
Score
0
August 27, 2010 4:50:29 AM

bek_x001 said:
Very well , this answer what i was waiting for , you talking about you`r experience i appreciate that . Seem`s you tried those card`s and they run well on you`r MB that mean`s it will run on my MB too but what about latest games did you play latest game`s on those card`s without any problem`s like lagging , hanging , crashing whatever ... ? This part is actually important too or i will wait a little bit and go for changing my MB Vs Pro or maybe all system .

Score
0
August 30, 2010 2:23:18 PM

Just for ur infor.
Running dirt 2 at 45 avg FPS
All setting max, 1280x720 8xQSAA
MOstly all game can play
Far cry 2 avg 13 FPS
Run
Boderlands
Grid
Fifa2010
Prototype
Asssain Creed
Fall out 3
All game play smothly,
Far Cry 2 demand more from CPU :) 
Score
0
a c 272 U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 2:31:54 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!