Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Haf case with no side window

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 3, 2010 5:30:56 AM

Hello i was wondering if coolermaster has a haf case without a side window in the their full tower line up that i may have missed or something. If not ill be going with the 922. thanks guys

More about : haf case side window

a b B Homebuilt system
October 3, 2010 5:52:07 AM

They offer mesh/small window or full windowed versions 932.
Mesh or full window in 922.
October 3, 2010 8:40:20 AM

ya i was hoping that they offered a no side window version at all thanks for your confirmation
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
October 3, 2010 2:46:24 PM
Share

Jrw363 said:
ya i was hoping that they offered a no side window version at all thanks for your confirmation

Here's what the Egg currently has in stock some model variations are currently out of stock.
Click on the pics for lots of angles.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...
http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/category.php?category_i...
The 922 is actually much bigger then most mid-size cases.
If you like the look of the HAF series(i don't bought a 690II instead)the 912 is a viable option and only has a fan mount on the left side.
October 4, 2010 1:35:00 AM

thanks for your help davcon
October 4, 2010 1:35:07 AM

Best answer selected by jrw363.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 4, 2010 1:45:50 AM

Jrw363 said:
thanks for your help davcon

Np whatever CM case you decide on you'll be very pleased with the quality and cooling performance.
October 4, 2010 5:24:17 AM

i was also looking for a case with no window but the HAF 932 has so many good points that i went with it. the window is really small (maybe 20% of the left side panel) that it isnt a distraction and actually looks kind of cool with the crosshatched lines running through it. all in all im 95% happy with my purchase. the other 5% would be there but i have a version of the case that isnt black inside.

if you do go with the HAF be aware that there is NO dust filtration but there is a pretty good set of magnetic filters out there. (you dont need the top filter unless you turn that fan around to blow in. the site i bought from had the front, side, and bottom as a set and the top separate.)





for my step-dads build, i just bought a CM Storm Sniper that has air filtration, LED on/off, fan control, and is black inside. REALLY nice alternative to the HAF 932.
October 14, 2010 8:31:52 PM

would you say the haf x has a lot more cooling potential over the haf 922?
October 16, 2010 11:18:54 AM

Okay silly question for you guys. I really have taken a liking to the haf x case. its 200 shipped and i am willing to pay that because i would have it for a long time and i could always tint the side window really dark. The only thing about that case i cant stand is the blue usb 3.0 ports on the front panel. Is there anyway to change them out or replace the panel or anything to remove the blue? i know it sounds silly but that would drive me crazy just curious to any insight anyone may have.
November 10, 2010 6:46:33 PM

Jrw363 said:
Okay silly question for you guys. I really have taken a liking to the haf x case. its 200 shipped and i am willing to pay that because i would have it for a long time and i could always tint the side window really dark. The only thing about that case i cant stand is the blue usb 3.0 ports on the front panel. Is there anyway to change them out or replace the panel or anything to remove the blue? i know it sounds silly but that would drive me crazy just curious to any insight anyone may have.


USB Port Dust cover to hide the blue.

November 16, 2010 6:54:08 PM

the port dust covers are a great idea didn't even know of their existence thank you so much great idea
!