THG Logitech Review

PaleRyder

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003
I have an old Logitech optical and was looking at a new Logitech. I was fairly set on the dual optical...now this MX review. Are they better than the dual optical? I do some gaming online but only NWN or Dungeon Siege and Links 2k3.
Tyvm

PaleRyder

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003
Indeed! I think Logitech are good mice but now to know whether or not the dual optical is the same, better or worse that the new MX mice. Someone out there must have an idea :)
tyvm in advance

Veneficus

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
I've used both and prefer the MX Series by far
The precision is far better.
Plus if you take the mouse and move it very fast from one side to the other the Dual optic stops moving the MX 700 just keeps on going no hick-up.

"it's only life everyone gets through it"

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I prefer the new MX mice. I have the MX500 and love it.. theres so much bad press going around with users on the mx series. Mostly because they cant get some game to bind with it.. I only play UT2K3 and find it ample.. I couldnt bind some of the buttons, jsut the main 3 and wheel but.. I dont really miss not using those buttons.. it will be enabled soon my logitech anyway. until then i dont care.

the mouse is definitely the best on the market.

you can not get this thing to throw off no matter how fast you move your wrist.

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s

SpeedGeek

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2002
Really?? the MX is better then the dual optical?
i'm using the duel optical now, before i used the Logitech iFeel mouseman, it was also nice..

but i have to say, i love the way the MX looks. if you guys say it has better percision then I'l buy it. (i am a mouse fanatic).

oh, and a question:
from the MX series, which is the best one (percision wise)
the MX500, right?
i mean, the wireless one can't have such good percision

~ where is my translocator? ~

SpeedGeek

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2002
i'm using the duel optical now, before i used the Logitech iFeel mouseman, it was also nice..

but i have to say, i love the way the MX looks. if you guys say it has better percision then I'l buy it. (i am a mouse fanatic).

oh, and a question:
the MX500, right?

SpeedGeek

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2002

oh, and a question:
the MX500, right?

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
dual optical has two lasers but only one works at any given time, whichever one is getting the better reading.. they are lower res than the mx sensor.
all mx mice give the same performance including the wireless.

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500

Veneficus

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
MX 700 and MX 500 have the same accuracy.
The MX 700 has a very fast transfer rate for it’s communication that is just as fast as a USB cable. So it just depends on taste.

"it's only life everyone gets through it"

transeunt

Distinguished
May 30, 2003
I have owned an MX 700 for the past week. I mostly do graphic design and some gaming. Previously I was using a Boomslang of the highest DPI. After using the Logitech for a week I find myself once again returning another mouse to the store. The accuracy is great for an optical mouse but still not at the level I would personally like it. I have found the Boomslang (although has bad or little support IE drivers etc.) is still by far the most accurate and precise pointing device out there not to mention its incredible speed. :) Maybe in another year or so optical will surpass the boomslang in actual use but for now I will be reverting once again back to my Boomslang.

TRENDING THREADS