terry

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I am overwhelmed with spam, so I want to change my e-mail address name. If I
do, how can I save all my current addresses in my Outlook Express. ( I am
assuming I will lose them if I change ).
I am using XP, IE, OE and cablevision broadband.

"Terry" <tredmunds(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I am overwhelmed with spam, so I want to change my e-mail address name. If
>I do, how can I save all my current addresses in my Outlook Express. ( I am
>assuming I will lose them if I change ).
> I am using XP, IE, OE and cablevision broadband.

You assume wrong. The email address is the only thing that changes.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I assume you mean your Address Book? You shouldn't lose them, but why take a
chance?

Open the Address Book | File | Export | Address Book (wab) to a location of
your choice, (Desktop, My Documents, etc.). If they are absent when you
change your address, open the new Address Book and reverse the procedure.

See Backup & Restore:
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
~IB-CA~

http://optonline.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_new_search=1&p_search_text=spam

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eHM5vszpFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Terry <tredmunds(remove this)@optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
> I am overwhelmed with spam, so I want to change my e-mail address name.
> If I do, how can I save all my current addresses in my Outlook Express. (
> I am assuming I will lose them if I change ).
> I am using XP, IE, OE and cablevision broadband.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"Terry" <tredmunds(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote:

>I am overwhelmed with spam, so I want to change my e-mail address name. If I
>do, how can I save all my current addresses in my Outlook Express. ( I am
>assuming I will lose them if I change ).
>I am using XP, IE, OE and cablevision broadband.

Try using a Gmail account for your new email address.

They have an extremely effective spam filter.

I have been using this Gmail address for public newsgroup postings for
almost a year now.

It is currently attracting about 11 or 12 spams per day (342 in the
past 30 days) and the Gmail spam filter is sending 94% of these (321
out of 342) directly to the Spam folder.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Windows XP's address book is unaffected when you change e-mail addresses.

I think there might be one or two newgroups you left out.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Terry" <tredmunds(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I am overwhelmed with spam, so I want to change my e-mail address name. If
> do, how can I save all my current addresses in my Outlook Express. ( I am
> assuming I will lose them if I change ).
> I am using XP, IE, OE and cablevision broadband.

bill

Ron Martell wrote:
> "Terry" <tredmunds(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote:
>

>>I am overwhelmed with spam, so I want to change my e-mail address name. If I
>>do, how can I save all my current addresses in my Outlook Express. ( I am
>>assuming I will lose them if I change ).
>>I am using XP, IE, OE and cablevision broadband.
>>

> Try using a Gmail account for your new email address.
>
> They have an extremely effective spam filter.
>
> I have been using this Gmail address for public newsgroup postings for
> almost a year now.
>
> It is currently attracting about 11 or 12 spams per day (342 in the
> past 30 days) and the Gmail spam filter is sending 94% of these (321
> out of 342) directly to the Spam folder.
>
> Good luck
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

won't affect your address book at all.

bill

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:01:55 -0400, "Terry" <tredmunds(remove
this)@optonline.net> wrote:

>I am overwhelmed with spam, so I want to change my e-mail address name. If I
>do, how can I save all my current addresses in my Outlook Express. ( I am
>assuming I will lose them if I change ).
>I am using XP, IE, OE and cablevision broadband.

You ask in a group with OE or OUTLOOK EXPRESS in the title. Notice
this group lacks that.