Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Want to get an ssd

Last response: in Storage
January 11, 2013 10:37:29 PM

so about a year ago, i built my first computer for gaming. i have a 1 TB hard drive and recently i have been thinking about getting an ssd. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to computers. my motherboard already has sata III slots so i know im fine on that but im not sure if i need to install some new software or something to install it on my desktop. also will i be able to use an ssd and hdd at the same time? if so, do i need to create a raid or something?

More about : ssd

Best solution

a c 129 G Storage
January 11, 2013 10:44:58 PM

baileywill said:
so about a year ago, i built my first computer for gaming. i have a 1 TB hard drive and recently i have been thinking about getting an ssd. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to computers. my motherboard already has sata III slots so i know im fine on that but im not sure if i need to install some new software or something to install it on my desktop. also will i be able to use an ssd and hdd at the same time? if so, do i need to create a raid or something?

nope an an ssd acts just like a hard drive. all you need is plug it in and install windows on in and make it your main boot drive. the only extra software is the intel istore driver from intel for intel based chipset or the newest amd driver for amd chipset mb.
most people set up there ssd in statndard achi mode not raid. they put the os and a few main games and programs on the os drive and your the larger hard drive as the data drive.
January 11, 2013 11:01:58 PM

Best answer selected by baileywill.
m
l
Related resources
!